Safety Coordinator -Virgin IslandsRefinery Safety Coordinator - Job DescriptionDescription
Directs the safety programs and ensures readiness of the Fire Protection and Emergency Response System (personnel and equipment) for the Refinery in compliance with all Federal, State and Local safety regulations.
- Provides Health & Safety expertise at the site to ensure compliance with OSHA, PHMSA standards and regulations in addition to compliance with company safety and health guidelines.
- Manages work related injuries through direct involvement with staff and professional medical personnel.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with Corporate HS&E and Risk Management, Refinery Leadership Team, first line supervision and field personnel, Human Resources, Accounting, and contractor management and work force personnel.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate governmental and industrial safety standards.
- Oversees emergency response activities according to the situation.
- Assures training of refinery personnel in fire protection/fire prevention and other aspects
- of emergency response.
- Manages departmental operating budget and exercises appropriate controls.
- Maintains and analyzes incident statistics to determine which prevention efforts need to be directed, then prescribes changes in existing systems to meet the needs identified.
- Reviews Federal, State and Local safety regulations and ensures Refinery maintains compliance.
- Reviews engineering design drawings for safety provisions and assesses the adequacy of those provisions, making changes as necessary to satisfy Federal, State, and Local safety and health regulations.
- Develops and implements procedures, checkpoints and monitoring programs to ensure that personnel and property are adequately protected.
- Acts as a refinery representative on Local Emergency Planning Committee assisting in developing plans in case of an emergency which affects the public sector.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 10 years of refinery, petrochemical, and/or chemical plant safety experience, including 5 years of industrial fire protection experience required.
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Engineering or related Safety field preferred.
- 10 years of experience in a refinery setting with strong HSE experience or exposure preferred.
- 5 years of Management/Supervisory experience in HSE related fields preferred.
- Experience using and leading process analyses studies by various techniques preferred.
EnerMech's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the industry. Its not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, its also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they are truly part of a team.