Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:This project leadership role will support the SPS Project Engineering Manager (PEM) to drive coordination, execution and communication across SPS engineering product lines. The Deputy Project Engineering Manager is also responsible for interfacing with the project consortium SURF partner and the client, to ensure successful completion of project activities on-time and on-budget.
Essential Responsibilities:The role will support the SPS Project Engineering Manager in management of the project, managing interfaces with the SURF partner and other major contractors. The PEM will work directly with the SPS PEM and Project Director (PD).
Essential Responsibilities may be changed upon the needs for each project team and solution. The following is an indication of the responsibilities for the role.
- Support the SPS PEM in managing the technical relationship with the consortium SURF partner and client.
- Accountable for defining and managing interfaces with the SURF partner and clients' other major contractors.
- Contribute to Technical Risk Management plan including HAZOP & HAZID.
- Support coordination of COE's engineering activities to achieve overall budgeted hours for all packages.
- Support monthly schedule reviews that track progress and spending by team.
- Monitor, explain and resolve any deviations from the early baseline on the S-curve for engineering.
- Drive on-time delivery through regular meetings and detailed team engagement.
- Maintain cost analysis, explain and resolve any deviations from the allocated costs within each of the project engineering teams.
- Escalate issues if needed into systems or the product team leadership to resolve.
- Utilize the Technical Control Board to resolve issues and collaborate within the engineering product lines.
- Drive Configuration Control within the product subsystems to prevent changes that will impact cost & schedule.
- Track schedule beyond engineering deliverables to ensure engineering ownership and supply chain support throughout the production cycle on a part by part basis.
- Partner with systems engineering to identify and resolve any changes in specifications or product requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction to the various project engineering teams.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with previous experience in process improvements, engineering and/or project management).
- Previous experience in positions as testing, project engineering, system engineering, project management or process improvements.
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization and project teams.
- Ability to motivate others and achieve results.
- Commitment to process improvement.
- Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Executive level presentation skills.
- Ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions.
- Ability to make things happen despite apparent failings of the formal organisation or project management in projects.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more