Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
One of Spencer Ogden's top Offshore Drilling Clients is in need of a full-time Project Engineer.
- Plan, budget, coordinate, document and commission modifications and Class and Flag surveys of MODU's
- Independently reach sound technical decisions concerning structural integrity and details of rigs
- Evaluate and recommend for manager's approval all actions which have significant financial impact or operational consequences
- Perform with a sense of urgency, and highest ethical standards without sacrificing on accuracy and professional engineering practices
- Participate full in all health, safety and environmental initiatives and safety programs
- Perform other duties as required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Possess or willing to obtain a US Passport
- Possess or willing to obtain a Transportation Workerr's Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Ocean, or Marine/Maritime System Engineering
- 5 or more years of project engineering experience in the design, planning, construction, and coordination of modifications to MODUs, marine vessels, or drilling systems
- Must be willing to travel globally 50% of the time as projects demand, anticipating up to 3 months at a time
- PMP Certification
- Self-motivated and possess superior skills to identify and solve unusual problems associated with construction characteristics and safety
- Good vision and methodology for planning future tasks to solve critical problems related to project issues
Spencer Ogden recruits the best international talent across all energy sectors, providing industry leading services to our candidates at every stage of the project life cycle.
Our global network of international offices give you access to the world’s most exciting permanent, contract and temporary positions, offering a world of opportunity to our candidates.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in professional, proactive global energy recruitment – and our Oil & Gas team is no exception. Our managers have a wealth of experience both in recruitment and on-site, giving them the perfect insight and knowledge to understand your recruitment needs. We deliver worldwide across the upstream and downstream sectors to an award-winning standard - and it’s how we do it that makes all the difference.
To meet the challenges, we bring local knowledge with a global perspective and work within the political, geographical, social and cultural reality, not against it.
We also have a bespoke, end-to-end recruitment solution to overcome the challenges of mobilizing personnel into these harsh environments when needed. Wherever you are in the world we have comprehensive candidate care including an in-house team dedicated to our contractors.