Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Navigation Analyst is responsible for the direct support of OTECH Analysis Center. This role provides technical and analytical support in the ocean navigation data acquisition field at a government site in the Washington DC area.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform surface and sub-surface navigation track reconstruction and navigation system performance evaluation for a variety of US Navy and commercial programs.
- Evaluate and improve the accuracy of the navigation data from vessels and underwater exploration vehicles through a combination of sensor, situation analysis, and statistical error analysis.
- The processing, analysis, evaluation, and exploitation of navigation and shipboard instrumentation data collected from various ocean systems.
- Prepare navigation data, including data acquisition entry and editing.
- Provide operation of sophisticated re-navigation processing systems including statistical results evaluation
- Perform track reconstruction, navigation analysis, and related analytical tasks using the navigation and support data processing software systems and databases resident on Windows-based workstations located at the customer site.
- Prepare formal written technical reports and oral briefings to report analysis findings and conclusions to the customer.
- Production of various ad hoc documentation and deliverables.
- Maintain clear and precise navigations data records.
- Support program reviews and technical reviews of various documentation deliverables.
- Some travel is required.
- Associate Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Must be well versed in standard marine navigation practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of inertial navigation principles; radio-navigation aids such as GPS; and acoustic navigation systems such as Doppler sonar navigators, velocity logs, and long baseline and ultra-short baseline systems.
- Familiarity with high-performance computer operation and use.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently and in team settings.
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering, Physical Science, or Mathematics discipline.
- Experience with ESRI Geographic Information System (GIS) software.
- Experience in the use of standard database software packages (Access, SQL, and Oracle).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.