London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Skills: Executive, IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £100,000 GBP + Benefits
Location: London, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Assala Energy is a young and dynamic Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company, with an exciting operated asset base in Gabon, firm core values and a keen sense of responsibility to our employees and stakeholders.
Our business has undergone tremendous growth in the past year and we are looking to strengthen our HQ-based teams with the addition of a Head of IT, who will have ultimate responsibility for the delivery of effective IT services to meet the business' needs within Assala Energy.
Following the acquisition of Shell Gabon by Assala Energy, the IT landscape (applications, ERP, services, infrastructure, networks, digital workplace, cyber security and governance) needs to evolve to support Assala Energy operating model. As the Head of IT, you will have responsibility for developing the IT strategy and roadmaps, outlining those activities that need to remain at a corporate level vs those performed within Gabon, and shaping the IT organisation to support the business
You will be providing advice and assurance to the Executives team around IT Strategy, IT cyber security & risks, compliance and updates on IT budgets and projects delivery, effectively being responsible for the provision of corporate oversight and assurance over all IT-related activities within Assala.
- Establishing and steering the strategic direction of IT in Assala Energy.
- Provide assurance to Executives on IT cyber security, IT risks, operations stability and sustainability.
- Ensure that the IT environment is robust and monitored
- Support Gabon Finance & Administration Manager by providing functional management and oversight of the local IT team based in country.
- Responsible for developing global IT budgets and tracking actual expenditures within the approved budget tolerances.
- Provide clear guidance to the business, and to the IT teams, in relation to IT capability under the service delivery and set appropriate service delivery expectations.
- Work with the business to analyse their requirements and ensure the relevant IT teams understand those requirements to deliver against expectations.
- Management of corporate IT projects and operations delivery.
- Understand the critical IT components that the business relies upon (key applications, data, infrastructure) and provide cost-effective fit-for-purpose services to support and protect them.
- Accountable of key Corporate IT suppliers' relationships: SAP, Microsoft, Accenture, AT&T.
- Support the career development for Assala IT team members. Coaching IT resources, when necessary, to increase the level of performance. Create a spirit of unity across the various IT teams.
- Facilitate the IT Audit processes and help manage compliance with IT policies and standards.
- Understand the strategic direction of the business, the market drivers, and challenges, in order to offer advice on the smartest use of IT.
- Ability to communicate at the executive level and be prepared to support team members in hands-on activities.
- Broad understanding of the Oil & Gas industry
- Ability to identify and develop business process improvements. Proactive and constructive challenger.
- Ability to develop and maintain key relationships both internal and external.
- Ability to mentor and support management in developing a high performing team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in a multicultural environment and with IT resources located in different geographical areas.
- Endowed with emotional intelligence and able to motivate individuals and teams.
- Knowledge of ITIL principles in relation to IT Services management
- Project management experience using a recognised methodology
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Working knowledge of the complete software development life cycle and standard oil industry applications and terminology would be advantageous
We seek to invest in the people who work for us, developing their skills and supporting their quest to reach their full potential while achieving our business goals safely and responsibly.
We believe that our staff are our most valuable asset and our key ambassadors. As such, we expect the highest standards in terms of results and compliance with our Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and we have equally shaped a culture and working environment to support that.
As the Head of IT, in addition to your basic remuneration, you will also receive the following benefits:
- 25 days holidays
- Private Medical & Dental care for yourself and your dependents
- Entertainment Allowance
- Enhanced employer pension contribution
- Performance Bonus
Please note that Assala Energy does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies outside our PSL, and we take no responsibility for fees that may arise as a result.