Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer to work for an Oil & Gas Operator in Aberdeen. This a permanent position.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer provides and maintains an in depth technical knowledge of static and rotating mechanical equipment to enable effective maintenance and asset care of installed equipment and components. Ensures all mechanical maintenance is defined and specified in accordance with legal requirements, industry standards and company procedures.
Duties will include:
- Maintain competence in and ensure compliance to UK legislation, Company policies, procedures and Instructions.
- Line management of assigned mechanical personnel including training, competence, welfare, performance and general attendance to meet the Terminal of Choice vision.
- Technical accountability for static and rotating mechanical plant and components.
- Focal point for Fitness For Service (FFS) assessments and conversant with PSSR regulations.
- Provide first line troubleshooting and problem solving expertise for mechanical equipment and components.
- Lead equipment failure investigation and provide recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Technically supervise major mechanical equipment intervention including planned maintenance, defect repairs or modification.
- Ensure that mechanical site critical spares are properly defined, stored and maintained.
- Site representative for assigned contracts.
- Prepare and control assigned budgets.
- Assist in the long term improvement of site process and philosophies.
- Audit and inspect mechanical maintenance or repair activities on safety critical equipment.
- Development and upkeep of the mechanical aspects of the Operational Integrity Assurance & Verification Scheme (OIAVS) to provide COMAH assurance.
- Follow up & close-out mechanical safety critical equipment verification findings.
- Participate, contribute and lead assigned behavioural and process safety initiatives.
Degree or equivalent qualification in mechanical discipline (Essential)
NEBOSH /equivalent safety qualification (Desirable)
Management qualification (Desirable)
Senior mechanical Engineering experience & contributions in regulated, 24/7 high hazard industries (Oil gas, chemical, or energy.)
Mechanical maintenance, compliance, improvement & project work in pressure containment (vessels, pipework), storage tanks and rotating equipment.
Management of ageing plant.
Management of Change.
Auditing & investigations.
Regulatory compliance and adherence to engineering standards including: PSSR, PSR, LOLER, PUWER, COMAH. SHE systems, ensuring compliance, risk areas & improvement.
Quality systems, ensuring compliance, risk areas & improvement.
HAZOPs and LOPAs.
People management: performance, competence, development & welfare.
Please note: Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.