Reading, United Kingdom
Reading, United Kingdom
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team in Reading on an agency basis. We are looking for a candidate with significant O&G experience preferably on projects based in the Middle East and specifically we are looking for a project quality manager with experience in the day to day quality management of the FEED Contract.
Key aims and Objectives:
To control, direct, supervise, co-ordinate, monitor, guide and partake in the day to day application of Quality Management to project activities.
Provide support to the Project Manager in:
* Achieving Project Quality (QMS) requirements.
* Resource management to meet project quality objectives.
* Resolve quality compliance issues in a timely manner.
* Primary client interface/focal point for quality matters
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- The preparation, issue, revision and implementation of the Project Quality Management Plan for FEED and EPC scopes on major capital projects
- Familiar with international standards for pressure containing equipment, structural and electrical
- Background in engineering processes and procedures
- Familiar with establishing technical integrity management processes including verification schemes for safety critical systems, criticality assessment programs and quality surveillance of subcontractors and suppliers
- Assist in the development of Project Goals and Objectives in line with company requirements
- Ensure project Quality risks are managed in accordance with the risk management system
- Direct project process owners in establishing their delivery processes and procedures
- Ensure that project personnel are provided with the tools and knowledge required to execute the project to legislation, procedures and compliance
- Ensure that a robust and effective QMS process is established and implemented. Recommend corrective and preventative action where necessary to ensure its effective implementation and improvement
- To convene and attend meetings concerning project Quality Management matters as appropriate
- Provide input and support the subcontractor/supplier evaluation processes and monitor subcontractor/supplier performance
- To plan and lead (as necessary), assessment visits/audits to suppliers and sub-contractors as agreed
- To promptly report to corporate any Quality Management problems which cannot be resolved at project level
- To act as the sole liaison between the Project and the customer on all matters related to Project Quality Management
- To ensure that the necessary processes and systems are in place for the preparation and filing of comprehensive records to satisfy Project and customer Quality Management requirements, as well as regulatory requirements. Implement and manage a continuous improvement process, including a process of management system review. To organise/perform induction sessions at the commencement of, and during the course of the project with the aim of explaining the project Quality Management System
- Facilitate the implementation of a customer satisfaction measurement process
Skills / Qualifications
- University Degree in an Engineering or Science Subject
- Experience in a similar role
- Auditor training in ISO 9001:2015
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.