Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Project Management, Maintenance Engineer, Construction Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Shutdown Co-ordinator with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Contributes to delivery of Construction excellence by:
- Progressing upon a development pathway towards becoming an experienced Manager within the Construction technical discipline.
- Executing assigned scopes of work in a timely manner and within Key Performance Indicator (KPI) schedules.
- Providing discipline expertise to the business.
- Delivering and actively promoting the Wood values, policies and procedures.
- Displaying significant understanding of Wood/ Client systems and processes.
- Driving safety leadership and ensuring safe delivery of multi-discipline work scopes.
- Reviewing planned activities for constructability, providing accurate feedback.
- Executing assigned scopes of work as a role model for reports.
- Providing technical expertise and guidance on all construction related activities.
- Managing and leading all construction reports to ensure delivery against milestones and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of technical specifications and mentor reports.
- Display and apply knowledge of site safe working practices and client safety procedures and standards.
- Demonstrate Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) leadership in line with company expectations.
- Have a good technical knowledge of construction discipline and associated processes.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
- Ability to identify risk to delivery and build in mitigation / contingency plans.
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Be aware and understand the business drivers within the client organisation and how these can be influenced by innovative designs and minimum cost solutions.
Skills / Qualifications
- Time served relevant trade discipline or relevant NVQ/SVQ/HNC/HND.
- Oil and gas experience is advantageous or proven track record in industry with transferable skills.
- Exposure to working within a technical environment.
- Experience of people management.
- Excellent interpersonal organisational, communication and team building skills.
- Computer literate.
- Fully conversant with regards to discipline technical knowledge.
- Proven experience of interpreting discipline documentation.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments (RA), Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPS) and Hazard Identification Studies (HAZIDS).
- Ability to work with timelines / targets.
- Display both good judgment and leadership qualities.
- Ability to manage and supervise personnel.
- Ability to be assertive and drive culture change when required.
- Ability to interrogate work packs.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.