Skills: Rig Mechanic
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
The Senior Mechanic is responsible to the Tool Pusher and Maintenance Supervisor for the maintenance of all mechanical equipment within KCA DEUTAG scope/area of responsibility and for the health and safety of all persons under their authority.
The Senior Mechanic is responsible for the Management of the drilling rig according to company guidelines to ensure optimal execution of the drilling program while adhering to company & task descriptions, the legal regulations & guidelines as well as consideration of economical aspects and the Oman KCA Deutag quality & HSE Standards. As directed by the toolpusher and maintenance supervisor
As directed by the toolpusher and maintenance supervisor
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of all mechanical and hydraulics equipment of rig.
- Responsible for planning preventive maintenance of all mechanical and hydraulics equipment on rig.
- Responsible to ensure that all mechanical and hydraulic equipment are safe on rig.
- Raise Material Requisitions for consumables and spares for his rig and to maintain adequate stock.
- Responsible for keeping all historical records of his equipment like engines/generators, etc.
- Responsible to apply the PMS system and to record it in or log book.
- Responsible to conduct regular checks to verify if all mechanical equipment is in a safe working condition.
- Supervises the order, cleanliness and house keeping at mechanical site and around mechanical equipment.
- Participate, if necessary, in the maintenance of all unit machinery but especially on main prime movers, mechanical parts of alternators, refrigeration plants, air compressors, all general service pumps, hydraulics units, all other units in main engine room, all emergency motors etc.
- Conduct all the heavy repairs on the drilling equipment, engines, compressors, pumps, etc.
- Ensure that all mechanical safety critical equipment on board the unit is maintained and tested to Company standards and Flag State Regulations. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, all operating machinery, and all equipment critical for the safe operation of the Rig. Immediately document and communicate any discrepancies or problems to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Coordinate with the maintenance Supervisor to plan and schedule operational needs.
- Operate, monitor, evaluate, and document machinery performance and capacity.
- Carry out urgent repairs and heavy maintenance on hydraulic equipment.
- Responsible for report to the Maintenance Supervisor for any abnormal situation.
- Plan, order or perform any jobs requested by the maintenance Supervisor that is within his competence
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities (if this is relevant)
Please note that if your legal right to work in the UK is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in the UK then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on 31 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of 77 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.