Job Description Purpose & Accountabilities:
The Turnaround Planner (Electrical & Instrumentation) has the responsibility for all planning and scheduling deliverables for all TA scope in the area of electrical and instrumentation works to ensure safe & efficient execution of TA activities accordance with the approved premises, work processes and standards. This covers preparing, optimizing, updating and maintaining the plan/schedule to efficiently execute scope of work including resource optimization, checking availability of materials, completeness of work packs. It also covers breaking down scope into bite size activities for each area; assigning craft resources and durations; developing BOMs; developing work packages, initial entry into the scheduling tool and some initial logic ties by the planner. He/She would than assemble the activities from various areas or blocks, and projects, complete the logic ties, resource level, and ensure the schedule meets the quality checks in the scheduling premise document. The TA Planner (E&I) coordinates with all Shell disciplines, operations /maintenance, engineering, procurement and finance during the planning and execution stage and at all stages of the turnaround work processes to ensure compliance of HSSE, Quality, Duration and Cost Competitiveness targets for the TA Event. During execution he/she drives the schedule & quality of work and reports back progress to TA Event Coordinators.Dimensions:
- HSSE: Act at all times in accordance with the policy of health, safety, security & environment and plan for TA-Maintenance activities accordingly. Ensure all HSSE requirements are considered in the TA Planning and Scheduling processes.
- TA Planning and Execution: Deliver effective TA planning/scheduling for all TA related activities (Maintenance, Operations, and Projects) for electrical and instrumentation works.
- Gather scope/work packages with detailed information for planning and execution.
- Lead comprehensive alignment on electrical and instrumentation scope optimization.
- Data entry/import of detail job plans and estimates into scheduling tool.
- Prepare & implement logistic and environment plans.
- Identification, review & escalation of high-risk activities and communicates key issues & risks to the TA Coordinator and/or TA Event Manager.
- Identify and order long-lead items, tools, equipment, materials/parts and secure services/resources required for TA execution. Ensure all relevant technical, safety & quality requirements are clearly incorporated into the deliverables.
- Implement TA Scheduling premises - developing & loading schedule logic, develop & understand critical path and near critical path jobs, resource levelling for the TA Event, sufficient quality & detailed reports for management and supervision to steer the Event.
- Work together with TA Schedulers to optimize the TA Event's integrated master schedule.
- Field Coordination: act as field coordinator during the execution of an event - update schedule, responsible for schedule quality aspects and completion status, verify daily Value of Work Done (VOWD), management of TA files & records, participate in lessons learned & look back process reviewing for improvements in terms of planning & scheduling.
- During TA Execution phase, take on the Execution Engineer role for assigned work package with all associated duties, including preparation of approved emergent work packs (planning, review HSSE requirements, contracts, schedule and cost estimates). Directs field activities for assigned area during Turnaround execution and is the first line of contact with the various contactors.
- Management of (scope) Change: report back on daily schedule and work with Operations, Discipline Engineers and TA Coordinators on changes.
- TA KPI: Report back on daily schedule/activities to support monitor and reporting TA KPI.
- TA Budget: Support cost management initiatives where applicable - forecast cost and workforce requirements, implement agreed TA contracting strategy & contingency cost, validate/challenge invoiced cost.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements Skills & Requirements:
Advance Diploma in Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering with at least 3 to 5 years' experience in Turnaround / Maintenance or Project work or 10 to 15 years in Maintenance / Turnaround / Construction field experience in refinery or petrochemical plant.
Additional Information:Special Challenges
- Competent in organizing/preparing work scope and work method statements - Skill
- Prepare and plan turnaround towards optimization of resources, scope and duration - Skill
- Min 3 to 5 years' electrical/instrumentation engineering execution experience in refinery/chemical/petrochemical industry - Skill
- Strong supervisory skills in managing crafts with good written/verbal communication skills and customer focus - Skill
- Experience and knowledge of HSE regulatory compliance in plant projects - Knowledge.
- Good proficiency with SAP Planning Tool - Skill
- Good understanding using Primavera P3/P3e/P6 scheduling tools - Knowledge
- Proficiency of Microsoft Access is preferred - Knowledge.
- Qualified License Electrical Worker (LEW) holder is an advantage.
- Job requires high level of technical knowledge in planning for all electrical & instrumentation work execution and in flawless principles.
- Capability to utilize norms for planning & ensure proper control is in place.
- Logic based understanding of the business impact of the work scopes within a TA Event.
- Ability to review all work methods and related job safety/hazard analysis.
- Control availability of all Bill of Material for assigned work, requisitions material and ensure all material will be delivered 1 month before feed out of unit.
- To be Electrical & Instrumentation Quality Captain for planning and scheduling.
- Ensure buy-in to the plan and schedule by all key stakeholders including Process, Engineering (Electrical & Instrumentation), Maintenance Departments and Contractors.
- Long working hours, highly demanding and fast paced job, particularly during TA Execution.
- Must be able to work effectively in a Team environment and build consensus.
- Maintain high frontline work productivity by removal of barriers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.