Skills: Materials Management
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley are recruiting for a Materials Controller to join our team based in shetland for a 12 month contract.
As a Materials Controller you will be responsible for all project material control activities to support execution of project schedules.This shall include ensuring project databases are updated; materials are receipted, packed, labelled and issued in accordance with Company policies, procedures and in compliance with all HSE and any legislative and industry requirements.
- Co-ordination of Warehouse and shipping activities, Inventory management and reconciliation.
- Supports client Storage Reduction initiatives and long term preservation of project materials in long term storage.
- Efficient and effective control of all materials to suit project requirements.
- Management of all materials in accordance with relevant Company policies, procedures and project schedules.
- Ensure project materials database is kept fully updated.
- Work with Project Buyer function and suppliers to ensure safe and timely delivery.
- Work with Project Buyers to ensure that end client(s) are identified in Purchase Orders.
- Liaison with planning to ensure material availability.
- Co-ordination of third party inspection requirements (e.g rental plant and equipment).
- Overseas all third party verification, inspection (as required), and receipt of all project material.
- Investigate and resolve any material short-falls.
- Allocation of bin location and storage of project materials and update of systems accordingly.
- Oversees all packing/tagging and containerisation of all project materials in accordance with project schedule(s).
- Liaison with third party sub-contractor(s) to ensure timely shipment of materials to relevant site(s).
- Oversee control and re-distribution of back loaded materials through third party sub-contractor.
- Effective and timely reconciliation and disposal of surplus project materials.
- Monitors client overall storage footprint and promotes storage reduction initiatives (where practicable).
- Performs stock checks on a regular basis.
- Performs stock adjustments as required.
- Participates in toolbox talks/safety moments (where applicable).
- Oversees Service Improvement Document(s) raised by sub-contractor/actively manages reports in Cooperation with client HSE function.
- Promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment within project team.
Required Qualifications / Certification:
- Experienced in the control and management of materials from receipt of warehouse through to distribution to the required site location.
- Good working knowledge of material systems, process controls, warehousing and logistics within the oil and gas industry.
- Good knowledge of legislative requirements for materials management.
- Proven ability to work to demanding project schedules.
- Competent in maintaining and updating project reports accordingly.
- Ability to identify oil and gas project materials and equipment.
- Experience in the handling, storing and preservation of oil and gas projects materials and equipment.
- Demonstrate good excel spreadsheet data manipulation.
Personal Qualities, Attributes and Skills:
- Ability to work as part of a team and also on their own initiative.
- Actively promotes good business ethics.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels.
- Flexibility to comply and adapt to company and customer requirements.
- Meticulous in the maintenance and updating of materials management systems.
- Adherence to company policy and procedures.
- Basic understanding of engineering commodities.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in challenging situations.
- Understand the need for close inter-departmental working relationships to ensure timely delivery of materials in line with the Project Plan.
Competencies - Generic:
- Basic understanding of material specifications and standards (e.g. ASME, ASTM, BS, EN, ATEX, PED, BASEEFA).
- Ability to check and verify materials against relevant certification.
- Comprehensive understanding of stock management principles.
- Promote HSSE policy and other regulations such as LOLER, Environmental, COSHH, Dangerous Goods, etc.
- Compliance with manual handling regulations.
- Capable of maintaining a register of equipment and hazardous chemicals.