Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of ITC - HES IT Digital Tech Lead located in Houston, TXthrough August 16, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides high-level and detail-level technical guidance on the implementation of solutions for Enterprise HES
- Provides solution consulting by guiding developer teams on the technical implementation of a solution
- Actively participates in the implementation of solutions in accordance with technical designs
- Acts as a mentor to other development team members to raise the overall OC of the team
- Determine, Understand, and Document the existing application system landscape for Enterprise HES
- Determine, Understand, and Document the existing system integrations between Enterprise HES application systems and other systems
- Create or update current technical documentation for operational support consumption
- Work closely with the HES Enterprise Architect and Solution Architect in understanding the architecture vision and aligning the solutions to Enterprise Architecture targets
- Coordinate with the Chevron Architecture and other Chevron technical groups in order to determine all required technical activities for every Enterprise HES' initiative
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, or related technical field.
- 5+ years experience on the phases of Software Development Lifecycle (plan, design, develop, test, release, maintain and support, decommission)
- Experience with developing mobile apps - UI/UX design, device features, cross-platform support, back-end integration / APIs, data services and reusable business logic
- Experience in implementing application authentication and authorization mechanisms (SSO, User certificates, multi-factor)
- Experience with Development tools like Visual Studio Enterprise, Visual Studio Code, and Eclipse
- Experience with Source Control Systems like ADO, VSTS, TFS, Git
- Experience in developing, deploying and implementing in APIs, REST, service oriented architecture/microservices.
- Knowledge in Cloud PaaS offerings with a focus on the Microsoft Azure services
- Knowledge in networking concepts (VPN, Firewalls, Proxy, IP Whitelisting, Virtual IP)
- Knowledge of DBMS systems and data modeling, TSQL, PLSQL
- Knowledge in DevOps, CI/CD, Prototyping, AGILE/Scrum/SAFe
- Technical Competency /Mobile App Development
- Leadership & building partnership
- Learn new technology quickly and apply to the solution
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, prioritize requests, and work independently while producing quality work.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.