Skills: HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Broussard, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve .
This role is an integral part of the US Geozone HR team within the Global Human Resources Function. Reporting up through the US Geozone HR Director/Manager. In close collaboration with HR Leadership, Global and Geozone HR Business Partners, and other HR COEs, as an embedded HR partner with assigned business clients, the Senior Human Resources Advisor works closely with assigned managers and employees to anticipate and support HR-related needs and serves as a consultant to management on HR-related issues. Maintains an effective level of business literacy about company and business unit financial results, business plans, culture and competition. Responsible for a variety of HR duties as needed to include, but not limited to HR generalist responsibilities, staffing, employee relations, training and development, compensation, performance management, and organizational health/culture.
- Functions autonomously with minimal guidance from the Geozone HR Director/Manager to independently meet the needs of the organization.
- Conducts regular meetings with assigned client groups, providing appropriate HR guidance and collaboration on relevant business and workforce priorities.
- Analyzes data trends and metrics to assess and/or anticipate business risks and, in partnership with HR COEs, develops and/or deploys recommended solutions, programs and applicable policies.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides assistance with the evaluation of compensation and rewards and makes appropriate recommendations. Works with management and HR COE partners to develop appropriate compensation strategies tied to product line, geography, and external market indicators.
- Assists in evaluating and updating job descriptions.
- Independently manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations for assigned cases.
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Provides day to day performance management and compensation guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, talent management and succession planning.
- Support change management activities and applicable transformation initiatives.
- Negotiates priorities and support requirements with cross-functional teams, as appropriate, based on business and resource needs.
- Opens and maintains effective communication channels with assigned management team, key stakeholders, and external providers.
- Facilitates the delivery of HR advice, consultation and support to key stakeholders.
- Provides timely and appropriate information and support to relevant stakeholders.
- Develops strong collaborative relationships with key business partner peers and cross functional teams.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Must be able to think holistically and objectively, balancing business, functional and workforce needs.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with multiple priorities and with tight timelines, making efficient use of time management.
- Thrives in a challenging, transformational working environment with many simultaneous priorities.
- Strong written, oral, and visual media communication skills with a proven ability to communicate to peers and client groups.
- Works effectively in a matrix organizational structure, including negotiating and influencing peers and clients by utilizing proven track record as a trusted advisor and business partner.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree plus 5-8 years of equivalent experience; Master's degree preferred
- Ability to work effectively both alone and as a member of a cross-functional project team with minimal supervision
- Advanced skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, and other standard office software
- Experience using PeopleSoft preferred
- Ability to travel to Trinidadonce a quarter at most.
- Ability to travel periodically between assigned business locations. Occasional, overnight travel (10-15%) may be required.
- Previous experience working in oil and gas required.
- Experience in a rapidly changing, transformative environment preferred.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.