Skills: Field Service Tech, Heavy Machinery Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Shawnee, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Clad Operator to be based in Shawnee, OK.
- Responsible for operating, programming and maintaining one or more types of computer numeric controlled welding equipment.
- May be responsible for the basic upkeep and corrections to programs, and macros.
- Selects appropriate settings and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques, using established weld procedures.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
- Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- May be required to operate electronic PWHT equipment.
- May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty.
- Has knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent trade school
- 6 months of welding experience or work in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of welding processes
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Reads and understands EPS/Drawings
- Basic understanding of welding terminology
- 1-2 years of welding experience
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more