Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Position supports Halliburton's Cementing product service line.
- Under broad direction, working closely with Business Development, matches Halliburton's technical, commercial and operational capabilities to customer needs through developing a clear understanding of customer's business and technical issues and drivers, effective delivery of technical sales presentations, and developing and maintaining personal relationships to effectively sell tailored cement solutions.
- Liaises with customers on technical issues, including performance review and process improvements to better support the needs of the customer.
- Prepares tender submissions and develops Performance Optimization Plans (POP) for each customer, including the deployment of new technology and processes.
- Is responsible for selling, and ensuring the cementing team also sells, the new technology and processes identified in the POP plans to maximize profitability and/or market share. In accordance with Halliburton's Management System and the Cementing strategy, provides cementing job designs for complex isolation problems, operational expertise, and post job analysis to customers in designated area.
- Ensures improvements identified from previous jobs are implemented and learning shared with the cementing team and advertises successes by writing, publishing and presenting case histories and industry papers (for example SPE).
- Collaborating with customer office based drilling and/or production engineers, tailors barrier solutions to meet their requirements and Halliburton's commercial expectations, considering both the price of the solution to the customer, including consideration for solutions and pricing offered by competitors, as well as the total cost to Halliburton to deliver it.
- Performs technical investigations of irregular jobs and initiates, reviews, and closes CPIs (Correction, Prevention, Improvement) pertaining to job design and technology.
- Assists PSL managers, using available performance metrics, to identify ways to improve materials, equipment and personnel utilization, reduce costs and increase service efficiency.
- Recruits technical staff. Establishes development plans for the cementing technical team.
- Mentors junior members of the cementing team, ensuring they follow their development plans.
- Communicates and manages the implementation of applicable PSL / Regional initiatives.
- Performs applicable performance and competency assessments, and disciplinary activities as necessary up to and including termination proceedings with collaboration from Human Resources.
- With minimal supervision, independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations.
- At this level, individuals will have demonstrated creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving engineering problems in the most efficient and economical manner. They will be expected to contribute to inventions, patents, and new designs or techniques which lead to improved services to our customers.
- Must be able to work independently.
Completion of an undergraduate degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline required. Requires 4 years experience in cementing and requires completion of the required cementing competencies.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
1125 17th Street #1900 , Denver , Colorado , 80202 , United States
Requisition Number: 77498
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.