Skills: Gas Plant Operations
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Lead Process Engineer for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
The Lead Process Engineer provides and maintains in-depth technical knowledge of the Gas Terminal operation and equipment to enable effective operations support, support continuous improvement and deliver objective to be the terminal of choice.
Ensure process support is defined and specified in accordance with legal requirements, industry standards and company procedures.
- Be conversant with and ensure compliance to UK legislation, Company policies, Procedures and Instructions.
- Complete assigned responsibilities of the Process Site Accountable Person.
- Line management of assigned personnel including development, competence, welfare, reward and recognition and performance.
- Technical accountability for Process design at Gas Terminal.
- Checking and approval of process engineering deliverables.
- Provide first line troubleshooting and problem solving expertise for Process/operational problems.
- Responsible for all process aspects of projects and studies.
- Be the SFGT representative for assigned contracts.
- Prepare and control assigned budgets.
- Maintain personal and process team understanding, competence and associated documentation of Major Accident Hazard (MAH) scenarios identified within the COMAH report.
- Complete required actions to enable development and upkeep of process aspects of the Operational Integrity Assurance & Verification Scheme (OIAVS) to provide COMAH assurance.
- Maintain understanding and competency of the site emergency response plan and assigned responsibilities.
- Participate and lead behavioural safety initiatives within the Process engineering function.
- Actively audit standards of work and compliance to procedures.
- Degree in Process Engineering.
- Working towards chartered status.
- Senior Engineer experience working in an oil/gas process engineer role in the following responsibilities:
- Working cross functionally/with 3rd parties delivering services, policies & initiatives.
- Development & implementation of strategies, projects & initiatives.
- Design, support, trouble shooting & management of change.
- Development & implementation of improvement opportunities.
- Team management and development.
- Budgetary preparation & control.
- Contract management
Knowledge & Application of:
- COMAH and MAHs
- Hazardous areas
- Process Design standards
- Process safety calculations
- Pipeline modelling
- Hours of work - Days. Additional hours in line with business requirements.
- Prepared to travel / stay overnight, to complete responsibilities.
- Contributes to secondments/projects.
- Member of the Site duty rota.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Masters/equivalent qualification
- Chartered Engineer
- Emergency Response responsibilities