Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
The Lab Technician - Cementing will run complex chemical testing for Pressure Pumping in Songkhla, ThailandEssential Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision conduct routine laboratory tests, including the necessary checks and operations of equipment required in the laboratory.
- May perform moderately complex assignments which are non-routine which may include equipment, facilities or product design.
- May provide records of such equipment and others to the customer representative at the customer site.
- Works independently at times and works within a team to complete projects.
- May have more responsibility in compiling, analyzing and interpreting results to internal/external customers.
- Carries out all required responsibilities safely and as described in the standard operations manual.
- Communicates results to supervisor in detailed manner.
- Performs other related duties and handles special projects, as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance to Baker Hughes HSE policies, legal compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field is preferred
- Relevant experience in chemical testing lab ideally for cementing lab
- Ability to run appropriate tests and process/procedures.
- Intermediate to advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
Songkhla - Thailand
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more