Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Katy, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Opportunity for a strong Chemical Lab Technician with expertise in downhole fluids. Will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and uninterrupted functionality of laboratory facilities and scientific equipment. These activities include repair, maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment; ordering, inventorying and maintaining laboratory supplies; observing all pertinent HSE rules and regulations. Laboratory technicians will also set up experiments, record data and carry out basic investigations assigned to them. They support senior scientists by maintaining detailed and accurate records of research findings.
The chemical lab technician will report to the Fluids Team Lead and indirectly to the Fluids Manager.
• Performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations;
• Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses;
• Preparing specimens and samples;
• Constructing, maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment
• Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced;
• Recording and sometimes interpreting results to present to Scientist;
• Using computers and performing mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs;
• Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability;
• Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
• Complete assigned work with general guidance/directions; complete assignments with instruction for specific project objectives and for complex experimental procedures.
Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related field, with one to three years of experience in an industrial or chemical lab setting.
Knowledge of drilling fluids or stimulation fluids is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver on time, on target, with quality and sustainability.
• Ability to operate in high sample volume lab.
• Demonstrated understanding of lab safety processes, protocols and procedures.
• Technical ability
• Effective oral and written communication
• Time management
• Critical thinking
Legally authorized to work in the United States of America
Oil and Gas Consultants and Engineers You Can Trust
Our primary focus is engineering, well-site supervision and project management both in the drilling and completions phases of any project. CPS has a growing number of engineers and consultants that have worked in over 42 countries and in all types of environments. Our talented team and their dedication to excellence and superior service has been and continues to be what sets CPS apart from the competition.