Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Subsea Engineering
Other Skills: Electronics Engineer Subsea Control systems
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Title: Senior Design Engineer - Electronics (Subsea Control Systems)
General Description: The Senior Design Engineer - Electronics position in the Subsea Control Systems department shall be responsible for design and qualification of electronic assemblies for subsea production control systems. Must have a clear understanding of applicable design standards and best engineering practices. Must be capable of working independently and under time pressure. Must have extensive knowledge of digital and analog electronic design and have proven experience in designing processor based embedded devices. The position reports to the Subsea Control Systems Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design and qualification of electronic equipment
- Experience in schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium Designer
- Experience in creating electronic design documentation including specifications, schematics, assembly drawings, test procedures and reports
- Extensive experience of designing serial communication interfaces: CANBUS, RS422/485, Ethernet, etc.
Key Position Requirements:
- Shall be responsible for the design of new electronic equipment and improvements to existing product designs, inclusive of leading (qualification) prototype test efforts.
- Shall have extensive experience in processor-based electronic design.
- Be proficient with lab equipment (Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Protocol Analyzer, etc).
- Shall be experienced in troubleshooting and fault finding.
- Lead and participate in design review and technical presentations.
- Shall be able to consider offshore operations in equipment design.
- Be able to coordinate and clearly communicate with other company departments in a timely manner. Communications may include support to proposals teams, Sales technical support, certifying authority correspondence, manufacturing support, and coordination with Aftermarket/Service personnel in support of offshore operations.
- Shall be responsible for creating and processing of engineering documentation such as: electrical schematics, design specifications, I/O lists. PCB layouts, Test procedures, clarification/exceptions list from client technical documents, design calculations and verification packages for I3P review, design layouts/3D models, Bills of Material, scope of supply drawings, and technical data sheets, etc.
- Good organizational and management skills required to meet deadlines for customer, Sales, and offshore efforts
- Be proficient in Altium Designer, pSpice and MathCAD
- Be capable of leading a small focused team of engineers and designers on a project.
- Capable of working with industry standard representatives to contribute to the review and revision of industry standards.
- Participate in development programs as necessary to assist with personal career development and involved in mentoring of younger, less experienced staff.
- Participate in product reliability activities, including DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis) studies.