Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Subsea Engineering
Other Skills: Software Engineer, Subsea Control Systems
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Title: Senior Design Engineer - Software (Subsea Control Systems)
General Description: The Senior Design Engineer - Software position in the Subsea Control Systems department shall be responsible for design and qualification of embedded software and firmware for electronic subassemblies used in subsea production control systems. Must have a clear understanding of applicable design standards and best engineering practices. Must be capable of working independently and under time pressure. Must have extensive knowledge and proven experience of embedded networking software design, documentation and testing. The position reports to the Subsea Control Systems Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the embedded RTOS programming
- Experience in creating software design documentation including specifications, flowcharts, test procedures and reports
- Extensive experience with programming of serial communication interfaces: CANBUS, RS422/485, Modbus, Ethernet, etc.
- Extensive experience with implementation of networking protocols (TCP/IP stack).
Key Position Requirements:
- Shall be responsible for writing and modifying software for new and existing control system equipment.
- Be proficient in C and C++ programming languages
- Familiarity with µC/OS (Micrium)
- Lead and participate in design review and technical presentations.
- Be able to consider offshore operations in component design and support the development of offshore running procedures.
- Be able to coordinate and clearly communicate with other company departments in a timely manner. Communications may include support to proposals teams, sales technical support, certifying authority correspondence, manufacturing support, and coordination with Aftermarket/Service personnel in support of offshore operations.
- Shall be responsible for the review and disposition of non-conformance reports associated with the Subsea Control Systems product line.
- Shall be responsible for creating and processing of engineering documentation such as: design specifications, I/O lists. test procedures, clarification/exceptions list from client technical documents, design calculations, technical data sheets, etc.
- Good organizational and management skills required to meet deadlines for customer, Sales, and offshore efforts
- Be capable of leading a small focused team of engineers and designers on a project.
- Capable of working with industry standard representatives to contribute to the review and revision of industry standards.
- Participate in development programs as necessary to assist with personal career development and involved in mentoring of younger, less experienced staff.
- Participate in product reliability activities, including DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis) studies.