Our client is looking for a Lead Planning Engineer for a contract position, located in Aberdeen
- Planning analysis, oversight and reporting for all OPEX/CAPEX/ABEX projects to management & executive level
- Project Focal Point for projects Integrated Activity Planning (IAP Process)
- Development of projects portfolio master schedules & progress analysis
- Develop and recommend steps for optimization of projects delivery
- Ensuring Planning support is delivered in line with the Capital Projects Delivery Processes
- Key interfaces are technical services, operations, commercial, finance and business services
- The incumbent has significant responsibility for development of the Projects group planning capability with proven experience through the full asset lifecycle including design, installation, subsea, drilling and operations phase.
- Establish internal/external network and strong relationships amongst assets, company functions and partner companies
- Implement all planning processes, controls and systems to measure, optimize and improve project delivery
- Working closely with development team act as planning focal point on new developments and acquisitions
- Manage the Operational Projects Portfolio schedule ensuring alignment with the Asset and company supply chain
- Provide support to Planning Engineers internally and within the supply chain including Sullom Voe Terminal
- Maintain a suite of robust planning policy documents as the basis of the company's core standards for subsea, surface facilities and new developments based on company and industry best practice.
- Actively engage all other technical and business disciplines in analysis of ongoing projects issues, formulate plans that require ALT and corporate office support, implement and support these initiatives collaboratively
- Support company led investment decision forums, stage gate assurance reviews, technical reviews and partner briefings
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact at all levels
- Articulates views in comprehensive manner
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Ability to adapt to new processes/software
- Good organisational skills and smart working methods
- Self-motivated team player with excellent interface skills at all levels.
- Extensive experience of onshore and offshore Project delivery
- Experience of Decommissioning would be advantageous
- Extensive experience of change management implementation.
- Extensive working knowledge of WBS structures, Earned Value Management and Reporting
- Management of Project provisions - Use of Growth Allowances & Contingency Allowances.
- Primavera P6 super user
- Preparation of Project Reporting - Internal & External.
- Experience of Vendor Management - Interface/Reporting/Milestones
- Experience of Business Risk & Schedule/Cost Risk Management
- Experience of Change Management - Variations.
- Expert knowledge of subsea, surface and onshore facilities
- Good knowledge of reservoir technologies and front end development practices
- Experience in Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Minimum HNC
- Accreditation with Project Management / Controls preferable