Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pernis, South Holland, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our new collegue will be one of the Senior Inspectors Projects. She / He will ensure that all designs comply with the applicable international design codes and Dutch legislation (WBDA / PRD).
Ensuring that all construction & commissioning standards are met and that all deliverables are available on time is also one of the tasks.
The accountabilities for the Senior Inspector Projects are:
- Demonstrate visible and felt HSSE leadership.
- Control delivery and compliance of all design and construction with Dutch Legislation (WBDA / PRD), Design Codes and Shell standards.
- Ensure deliverables are available on time (Quality related design deliverables, RBI inclusive of inspection plan/s schedules, doc-date, etc.).
- Visibly demonstrate leadership behaviors and actions related to LEAN working.
- Coach and guide the team of project inspectors.
The Project Inspector provides frontline leadership of Pressure Equipment Integrity for projects and modifications for Shell Netherlands Refinery.
He/she is a member of the Inspection Projects and QA/QC team and will together with the other (Senior) Project Inspectors, guide the project inspection team.
The Senior Inspector Projects will be together with the other Senior Inspectors in the lead to manage the quality and integrity part of the project portfolio at the Shell Refinery on Pernis in a pragmatic and cost-efficient way.
Influence on the Pernis project port-folio growing to Euro 150m per year.
Guides with the other Senior Inspections a team of 7-10 project inspectors.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
The right candidates will reckognize themselves in the following:
- Bachelor's degree/HBO in Mechanical or Materials Engineering.
- SKK level 3 certification.
- At least 5-10 years experience in the oil and petrochemical industry.
- Experience in project inspection execution, fitness for service assessments, risk management techniques and facilitation of teamwork.
- Team player with credibility in technical expertise, influencing skills, acting as a champion to manage asset integrity.
- Fluency in both Dutch and English
- Knowledge of ASME design code, PED and WBDA
- Knowledge of quality assurance and control in projects
- Proven experience in execution of field and vendor inspections
- Proven experience in projects and maintenance inspections
- Knowledge of Risk Based Inspection
- Knowledge of NDT technics and review of welding documentation
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video