Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
If you're a finance professional who's gained 2-3+ years' valuable experience in a large, corporate treasury function or financial institution, we can offer you the chance to work in a dynamic hands-on team whilst enhancing your skill set in one of the largest treasury organisations.
You'll join the Treasury Back Office team, which spans 2 locations, London and Singapore, and is responsible for confirmation and settlement of all internal & external treasury deals including foreign exchange, derivative and money market deals transacted by Shell Treasury Centre Limited, London. It's a positive place to work, where our strong team spirit and flat management structure help us to achieve high levels of professionalism and operational excellence.
What is the role:
On a day-to-day basis, your role will be to monitor and reconcile bank accounts for the Treasury & Holding Companies located across the Globe and handle all investigations and enquiries with these banks. This includes ensuring that zero-balancing structures have taken place and back valuations have been correctly applied. On a broader level, you'll have the opportunity to widen your skill set into both parts of the team, starting in Banking Operations and training in Settlements.
We'll be looking to you to share your experience in bank reconciliations, international payments and associated systems (e.g. SWIFT). Working both independently, yet as an integral part of a team, you'll thrive on solving investigations by dealing with both internal and external parties.
You will need to be well organized: capable of jointly setting the day-to-day priorities in a small but busy team, able to identify and raise critical issues quickly by recognizing any potential financial impact on the Company.
• Perform daily bank reconciliations on approximately 200 accounts with 18,000 cash flows per month
• Log and take responsibility for investigations, working to resolve them quickly by interacting with internal and external stakeholders
• In the event of compensation claims or back valuations with banks, negotiate compensation amounts and monitor the claims to ensure timely settlement
• Ensure all manual payment requests and Back Account Transfers are processed correctly and on time
• Perform all daily control actions relevant to the Back Office activities and maintain appropriate records. Detailing controls & records to internal & external Audit representatives
• Ensure EMIR, Dodd Frank and FINFRAG regulatory processes have been complied with, including derivative position reconciliation and daily reporting of derivative trades to DTCC and REGIS
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
• Knowledge of SWIFT FIN messages and the major payment clearing systems desirable. Experience of the FIS Quantum Treasury System is advantageous
• The ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks is essential as missing external currency cut off times could result in large financial losses
• High level of numeracy and IT literacy with at least intermediate Excel spreadsheet skills
• Clear communication and good stakeholder management
• Support Treasury systems upgrade projects by performing user testing and providing feedback to the project team as required.
• Actively pursue process improvements including higher levels of automation and straight-through processing
• Initiate Quantum Static Data requests where necessary, enter and approve the requests that originate globally
• Participate in local and global BCP & DR exercises at intervals throughout the year
The role is based in London but does at times require coverage of the Singapore Treasury Centre
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video