Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
We are currently looking for a Senior Contracts Specialist to join our team on a permanent basis located in Aberdeen.
- Support the continual development and implementation of a robust Supply Chain Management (SCM) governance programme within the Business Units, ensuring regionally, SCM conform to all Company and SCM Policies and Standards, fully meeting the Company's obligations under ABC legislation.
- Work with the regions to implement a contracting strategy in accordance with our Standard Contracting Principles.
- Review and implement continuous improvement processes within the SCM function.
- Deliver business case documents needed for contract approvals, for presentation to Management, and to gain approvals in line with the authorisation matrices.
- Working in close coordination with the Group Legal function, apply the Standard Contracting Principles to all contracts and amendments.
- Provide contractual support to the in-country teams and functions where required.
- Prepare contract qualifications and conduct negotiations with suppliers as appropriate
- Effectively develop, manage and maintain value-driven relationships with suppliers, ensuring sustainable practice;
- Provide effective communication to promote SCM standards and procedures to ensure good contracting practice is cascaded through the business.
- Maintain awareness of SCM and contracting best practice in relation to the oil & gas market place and act as the functional expert in these matters.
- Support Regional teams in contract dispute matters
- Responsible for the competence assessment, development and annual appraisal of the Contracts Specialists.
- Some international travel will be required to fulfil the role.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in a SCM contracts role with an Oilfield Operator, Drilling Contractor or Service Company.
- Candidates must possess a methodical approach to their work and are able to effectively plan and prioritise workload, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Must have experience in defining long-term contracting strategies and the delivery of the accompanying plans
- Experience with LOGIC / CRINE, or other industry standard contract terms and conditions, including INCOTERMS
- Focal point for Supply Chain Management (SCM) Central Contracts. Provide guidance to the Business Unit on all aspects of SCM Contracting Principles.
- Establish and maintain effective internal and external relationships mitigating risk throughout the supply chain and promoting safe, effective, trouble free operations
- Strong communicator, team player that delivers on commitments
The successful candidate will possess a good level of SCM Contracts experience within an oilfield operator, drilling contractor or service company. A bachelors degree or equivalent in Law or Business Studies advantageous.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities (if this is relevant)
Please note that if your legal right to work in the UK is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in the UK then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on 31 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of 77 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.