Skills: Engineering Manager, Floating Systems, Naval Architecture
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Engineering Manager Floating Systems is responsible for the technical leadership of the Integrity Management Floating Systems team as well as delivery oversight of Floating Systems integrity services on a Global basis. This role will be directly reporting to the Director floating systems.
They will provide leadership in development and execution of Integrity Management processes with an emphasis on using their expertise in managing the risks to client's assets. The role holder will be knowledgeable in the engineering and operation of Floating Systems with the ability to advise on risk reduction best practices. A passion for excellence is required to lead and shape a best in class Floating Systems Integrity Management service.
The role will have a high Business Development content and the Engineering Manager Floating Systems must be able to interface with both external clients and internal engineering teams, particularly across Service Lines and Oceaneering. A key focus of the role is on developing relationships with existing and new clients and building business with them.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Provide leadership to the delivery of floating systems integrity services.
- Develop and enhance functional capability within the Floating Systems service line and maintain a fit for purpose organisation at all times.
- Identify Floating Systems opportunities and support the Sales/Business Development function in development and delivery of marketing to prospective clients
- Develop and provide a service that encapsulates best in class methodologies and concepts such as RCM, Barrier Management, Risk Based Inspections and Predictive modelling.
- Ensure that Oceaneering processes and procedures for floating systems are maintained and developed
- Manage customer relationships at a senior level and build relationships with key clients to influence decisions and demonstrate Oceaneering's capabilities
- Ensure that projects are performed in accordance with industry codes, standards, classification rules, legislation and Oceaneering policies and procedures
- Oversee the provision of Floating Systems technical delivery including approval of risk assessments, life assessments, associated engineering calculations for hull structure and mooring systems
- Project management and oversight of the floating structures team
- Lead and develop bids and proposals in support of Global operations
- Manage and lead engineers by actively mentoring, developing and promoting talent
- Represent Oceaneering at trade shows, conferences, professional meetings, and industry forums
- Local and international travel as required including presence at off and on-shore worksites as required.
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
Carries out supervisory responsibilities for the Floating Systems team in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Naval Architecture or equivalent (E)
- Masters degree in related subject (P)
- Masters of Business Administration (P)
- Chartered Engineer (E)
- Industry experience within classification or Integrity Management.
- A holistic understanding of Floating Systems Integrity Management including Process Safety, Hull & Topsides Structural Integrity, Reliability Engineering, Subsea systems etc.
- Proven success in delivering technical projects.
- Strategic sales & business development.
- Experience of the following
- Hull structures, mooring systems, topsides structures and associated systems
- Codes, standards and class rules for floating systems
- Integrity management of floating systems
- Applicable NDT and inspection methods and class surveys
- Solid financial awareness with substantial experience in managing P&L. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Safety and Integrity
- Strives to create a safe workplace and to protect the environment
- Operates in accordance with Company business conduct policies
- Is honest, fair and trustworthy in all activities and relationships
- Adheres to the highest standards of business ethics
- Encourages others to raise concerns
- Vision and Leadership
- Creates clear, simple reality-based customer-focused strategy and goals
- Builds trust and commitment though candid communication
- Energizes and excites others; Is passionate about The Business and The Company
- Strong focus on winning
- Has passion to exceed customer expectations
- Makes and meets commitments
- Accepts responsibility and to be held accountable
- Has a passion for excellence and a focus on execution
- Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures
- Teamwork and Respect
- Promotes teamwork. Open to new ideas
- Participates openly and constructively without alienating others
- Has a global perspective and breaks through "turf" issues
- Collaborative, works for the good of the team
- Seeks out best practices and puts them to use
- Treats others with respect and candour
- Builds positive work relationships and shares knowledge and encourages the development of others
- Drives standardization and simplification
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.