Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To provide broad commercial administrationsupport to the business with a specific focus on the compilation of tenders, maintaining data and databases, document control and general secretarial duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- On a daily basis, log commercial enquiries and distribute as necessary.
- Provide daily assistance in the preparation and compilation of tender documentation.
- Oversee the dispatch and delivery of all tender documentation whether in hard copy or electronic form.
- Update and maintain databases and files in accordance with department procedures and in compliance with general business requirements.
- Communicate with external and internal clients for the purposes of document control and delivery, as well as obtaining status updates and feedback.
- Update commercial department databases.
- Maintain department filing systems.
- Provide general secretarial and administrative support duties to the Commercial Department.
- Requisitioning of supplies and materials for department.
- Maintain subscriptions as required.
- Responsible for all archiving of commercial documentation.
- Maintenance and monitoring of sales literature.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to: Senior Tender Supervisor
- Demonstrable qualifications in literacy and numeracy.
- Experience within a commercial environment.
- Recognised business qualification.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong organisational skills and ability to ability to manage workload in line with key dates for delivery.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to understand process constraints, recommend opportunities for efficiencies and contribute towards business's continuous improvement philosophy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal departments and external clients.
- Skilled in operating basic office software packages (e.g. MS Word, Excel, XaitPorter, PeopleSoft).
- Flexible approach to work schedules in line with the demands of supporting wide geographical demands across multiple time zones.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.