Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Salisbury, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning, co-ordination, execution, supervision and quality control of asset integrity inspections for an onshore facility; pressure system equipment and pipeline inspections.
- Responsible to provide forward planning for inspections including access and labour requirements; carry out inspections in accordance with the Written Scheme of Examinations (WSE) in a timely manner.
- Act as an independent inspector, a point of contact and liaison between operations, inspections teams and the Integrity team in support of day to day operational management.
- Planning - Ensure that the items have been prepared in accordance with the written scheme. Support the Terminal Inspection - Coordinator and Technical Administrator in all technical aspects, such as review work scopes and identify resource requirements.
- Co-ordination - Ensure the Written Scheme of Examination is suitable for each inspection required and raise any queries with the Integrity Engineer and/or PIE, ensuring any agreed amendments are updated by relevant Integrity Engineer in TiM.
- Management - Control implementation of inspection and specialist sub contractors; responsible for managing all inspections to ensure the required quality and value for money is achieved. Responsible for ensuring the health safety and welfare of the subcontractors whilst on PUK asset is met at all time. Own and manage inspection asset lists, ensuring inspections are executed with appropriate priority and timing. Onsite control and co-ordination of all inspection activities.
- Inspection Quality -Ensure all inspection reports are fully reviewed for accuracy, clarity and fulfillment of scope ensuring that the onsite, as found condition of the asset is accurately and wholly reflected in the scope of the inspection report. Highlight any shortcomings of the report directly to the PIE / Integrity Engineer as a matter of urgency. Screen reports for suspected integrity threats and where appropriate consult the Integrity Engineer to ensure the current scope remains appropriate. Provide constructive feedback to the Inspection Technicians on the quality of their reports to continuously develop and improve competence, and report quality and accuracy. Ensure a minimum of 10% of the applicable permits are audited per trip.
- Inspection - Carry out inspections and compile detailed inspection reports to the condition of equipment in accordance with the Written Scheme of Examinations. Provide ad hoc inspection support to the SIE and Integrity Engineer for emerging issues, and non-routine inspections.
- Notification - ensure prompt notification to the relevant PIE & Integrity Engineer of any anomalies, significant integrity concerns determined.
Safety Critical Tasks
- Immediate recognition of defects & anomalies which represent a serious threat to safety/integrity & timely/appropriate communication, notification and advice to integrity engineers, line management & operations staff as appropriate.
- Risk Management - Understand operational risk to ensure that the client is not taking inappropriate risks in executing their work. This requires a good knowledge of HSE acceptable standards and risk management tools.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Shared supervisory responsibilities looking after any ad hoc NDT requirement and personnel .
- The jobholder must have a sound knowledge of inspection and non-destructive testing methods as applied in various sectors such as petrochemical and Oil & Gas processes.
- Be able to maintain acceptable standards, provide timely feedback and guidance on problems or issues identified.
- Good communication skills verbal & written are required.
- Good supervision and man management skills are essential.
- Must hold API 570 and ASME level one plant inspector.
- The individual would ideally have an engineering background to HNC standard; Significant experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent.
- Experience and/or qualification for FFPA.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.