Skills: Project Management, Marine Engineering, Geoscientist
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
With responsibility for Oceaneering's eastern-hemisphere (Geoscience) project interests, this role will lead the offshore fieldwork and reporting activities for all of our existing and emerging Site-Characterisation projects. This is a combined team lead and project management role, inclusive of: coordination of field engineering staff, overall data acquisition project management, client interfacing, marketing (proposal development), and quality control of engineering and reporting activities.
Performance delivery responsibilities for you and your team will include, but not be limited to:
- Coordination and management of projects. Contract review, execution and management, including risk management, budget control, performance review / client feedback and client liaison throughout project lifecycle .
- Ensuring all financial, contractual and other obligations are achieved in accordance with agreed terms.
You will be joining a team of professionals with expertise in hydrography and geotechnics. A background in these or a related marine geoscience discipline is required.
- Applies business line, service line and regional objectives, principles and practices in the interpretation, organization, execution and coordination of projects of any complexity (e.g. multi service line and/or multi-disciplinary and/or international).
- Oversees Commercial / Resourcing / Performance Management & Quality Control for site characterization projects and desktop studies.
- For projects of unique character, defines scope, selects areas for investigation and develops novel concepts, in collaboration with technical staff.
- Prepares and/or reviews project specific proceures.
- Establishes, monitors and controls project budgets, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Prepares and reviews invoices for own projects. Negotiates directly with client to manage project changes, e.g. scope, schedule or budget adjustments.
- Prepares monthly project performance reviews for presentation to senior management.
- Assists with training, employee appraisals and QHSE program as needed.
- Prepares proposals per client requirements and negotiates or adjusts as needed to suit client requirements. Assists in the development of sales plans.
- Assists group & corporate management with client maintenance and the development of new clients. Performs project post mortems and follow-up with clients to gauge their level of satisfaction.
- All other duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- BSc. in Earth Sciences, Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Engineering Geology from accredited engineering university.
- Extensive Geosciences/Marine-engineering experience performing and leading marine survey activities.
- Extensive experience in a management role.
- Extensive experience in Marine Geosciences technical data acquisition practices.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Sound knowledge of geophysical/geotechnical engineering principles, field-acquisition, processing & interpretation techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills with respect to both technical and supervisory issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Confidence and ability to communicate with internal and external clients.
- Ability to support and foster support toward the company Quality Management System.
- Ability to plan, resource and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
Proven knowledge/training/experience in marine/survey electro-mechanical systems preferred i.e. analysis, design, installation and maintenance of relevant equipment & products.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Valid drivers license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Some travel (domestic, international) may be required.
- Willing to be available evenings and weekends to respond as needed (via phone and/or email) to offshore technical issues that may arise.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.