Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provide site wide Quality Assurance /Quality Control support across processes and projects within SDS - Rosyth.
- Can perform technical work tasks requiring advanced technical experience.
- Can perform a range of tasks with autonomy and guides junior technicians or others as required.
- Can offer advice or guidance on tasks within the technical field.
- Can serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Performing goods inward , in-process and final inspection services.
- Verification of manufacturing reports and data books e.g. welding and NDT certificates.
- Ensuring product and process non conformance issues are accurately documented in the company NCR systems.
- Supporting the risk management processes by attending and contributing to FMEA team meetings, project risk reviews etc as deemed necessary.
- Planning, executing and reporting Process Readiness and Surveillance audits per defined requirements.
- Contributing to the ongoing effectiveness and accuracy of the OUSR calibration system and associated processes. Associated processes include but it is not limited to coordination of external calibration activities, gage R&R studies, database entry and equipment calibration.
- Reviewing and changing controlled documents where required.
- Promoting the identification of waste reduction and continual improvement initiatives by actively participating in improvement teams/projects.
- Ensuring all project and business required quality records and reports are completed and verified in full while ensuring the needs of the internal and external customer in terms of quality and timeliness have been met.
- Mentoring and supporting on the job training activities.
- Liaising with Third Party Inspectors and Client Representatives on all matters relating to specific project quality related requirements whilst ensuring a professional and courteous relationship is maintained.
- Complying with all applicable local and national occupational health and safety requirements during the execution of activities.
- Consistently display required levels of engagement and a positive `can-do` attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning and continual improvement.
- Any other roles or tasks as required to support our business needs.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Educated to HND level in a mechanical or engineering related discipline or working towards a recognized qualification or equivalent.
- CWSIP 3.0 Visual Inspector Level 1 Certified.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Good working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 preferred
- Good working knowledge of related IT systems and platforms including, MS Word, Excel , Email.
- Proven experience in the application of root cause analysis.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing/fabrication environment.
- Previous experience working in a highly safety conscious environment.
- Previous experience in creating, investigating and reporting product and process related Non Conformance Reports a distinct advantage.
- Experience in planning, executing and reporting internal and process type based audits.
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis to identify the root cause(s) of product and process non conformance.
- Ability to work in a small team environment on a rotating shift basis.
- Willing to travel (UK only) to perform or assist in supplier witness activities.
- Knowledge of PLM, Smartsolve , Tableau or Oracle based systems welcomed.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.