Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Fluent speakers of business and translators of technology, helping you to build the bigger picture. Delivering efficiencies in to your business to support growth and change through the adoption technology and innovation. We ensure technology acts as an enabler for both short term cost savings, and most importantly creating organised, differentiated and agile businesses.
See how we can help you stay ahead in a rapidly changing world. #thisiswhatwedo
What we are looking for
We are growing!! We are on a quest to find our next Project Manager. Core 29 are forward thinking transformers of business and we are on the hunt for a project manager to join our team of tech rebels.
Responsible for project delivery processes which include: plans, costs, schedules, progression, risk management and closure. The project manager ensures that project execution is aligned with quality assurance and control activities.
- Establishing a management structure for each project which is relevant and appropriate to the client and type of work, whilst ensuring involvement of key project stakeholders
- Ensuring each project has a clear scope, set objectives and desired outcomes
- Estimating project costs; managing: budget, scope and change
- Ensuring that project work is carried out in accordance with Core29 methodologies
- Forecasting impact of demand on both project resources and business stakeholders
- Managing assigned resources within the scope of the project, ensuring visibility over the progress of deliverables in a collaborative though controlled manner
- Identifying, prioritising and mitigating project risks and issues, including appropriate escalations and communication
- Managing or working within procurement and contract processes when applicable
- Carry out regular and well-prepared project reporting
- Tracking and monitoring project progress
- Ensuring that project deliverables meet business requirements
Key Skills and experience
- Ability and preference to communicate using business language over technical
- Ability to develop robust business cases and influence and steer stakeholder alignment
- Ability to determine, track and forecast costs against a project's budget
- Ability and tenacity to formally close a project and assist with benefits realisation
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong customer relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Understanding of different methodologies which may include: Agile, Waterfall, PRINCE2
- Understanding the principles of working with project management tools. E.g. MS Project.
Job Type: Full-time
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.