Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Process Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Shannon, County Clare, Ireland
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Lean Sensei will champion lean transformation and continuous improvement for the Measurement & Controls (M&C) Division of Baker Hughes, a GE Company. This role will partner with senior leadership to develop and deploy our lean enterprise program to enable the M&C Operating System. You will help to shape the vision and guide M&C through a lean journey by applying your expertise to ensure successful implementation and sustainability of our transformation.
Essential Responsibilities:1. Coach and mentor employees at all levels of the organization (from executive leaders to shop floor)
2. Be a champion for enterprise lean deployment, aligning the business processes to customer needs and eliminating waste
3. Collaborate with the senior leadership team to define an ambitious plan for continuous, strategic process improvement
4. Use strategy deployment to translate the transformational vision into specific goals and priorities, linking lean initiatives to business KPIs
5. Be responsible for partnering with Lean, Operations and Business Leaders to define the key value streams that will have the greatest impact on our customer
and the business performance
6. Use value stream analysis to focus and drive improvement at plant and business levels as identified per strategy deployment
7. Go to Gemba and lead Kaizen events to quickly find and implement solutions
8. Advance organizational maturity and buy in of lean by broadly increasing leader and employee participation in Gemba and Kaizen
9. Ensure consistent application of lean tools and principles
10. Partner with leadership to create a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
11. Assist the business in the development and deployment of key performance indicators (KPIs)Qualifications/Requirements:1. Several years of experience in lean leadership roles
2. Track record developing and building Lean/continuous improvement programs
3. Practical application of lean at best in class continuous improvement companies; e.g., Toyota Danaher, UTC, John Deere etc.
4. Supported at least one large scale Lean Transformation across functions at the enterprise level
5. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
6. Willingness and ability to travel when needed (80% travel)
Desired Characteristics:1. Expert in the Toyota Production System
2. Master of lean tools and practices including strategy deployment, VSM, Kaizen, poka-yoke, standard work and continuous flow
3. Influential, energetic, and enthusiastic leader, with the drive, ambition and resilience to make things happen and deliver outstanding performance
4. The successful candidate must be able to manage at all levels, from the executive suite to the production floor and all layers in between. He/she must also be
comfortable lending advice, influencing senior leaders, and giving direction at all levels. Proven capability to work cross-functionally
5. Lean sensei/master certification a plus but not required
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more