Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Brea, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of ERP-Retail Business Consultant - Southern California(PSG20-22, FL2-4, 1 position) located in Brea, CA California, Long Beach or Orange County through August 30, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Are you an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual who enjoys building relationships, managing a robust customer portfolio and negotiating new business opportunities with a growth mindset? Do you have experience generating, qualifying and relentlessly transforming sales leads into profitable business opportunities? Are you ready to join a digitally-equipped diverse and dynamic sales team that makes significant contributions to Downstream and Chemicals' overall earnings? Look no further than the Southern California Retail Business Consultant position in Chevron's Americas Products business unit!
Key Job Responsibilities
As a key contributor to Chevron's retail direct fuels business in the world's largest gasoline market of Southern California, you will:
- Own the sales cycle and customer relationship management activities for a portfolio of accounts in Orange County and Long Beach. Stations are independently owned and operated.
- Deliver operational, P&L and growth business plan metrics for assigned territory.
- Drive sales pipeline and new business development, including New to Company (NTC) and New to Industry (NTI) sites and retention deals for existing sites.
- Develop and execute Strategic Network Plan for assigned territory, including annual business planning.
- Provide site and account level consulting to drive same station sales and maximize station profitability. Ensure compliance of all brand image and service standards for proper brand representation and compliance with Chevron branded agreements.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3 years of directly related experience in sales or business development
- Articulate individual with a track record of leading through influence
- Demonstrated business/financial analytical skills
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Experienced in new business development and not shy to proactively identify and pursue sales leads
- Demonstrated Customer Relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to differentiate support levels based on customer needs
- 5 years sales experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com
- Customer Relationship Management (building, developing and maintain key account relationships)
- Retail Sales Knowledge (retail gasoline business or comparable industry, Southern California market)
- Commercial negotiation and business development experience (deal structure, transactions)
- Business Acumen (price/volume optimization, financial metrics, analytical mindset)
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.