Skills: Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
• Lead production operations of the Grease Manufacturing Plant (GMP) and oversee smooth day-to-day operations of manufacturing and filling of greases.
• Supervise and lead a team of operators in producing greases in a safe, compliant and productive manner, meeting all HSSE and product quality requirements.
• Make decisions for intervention / corrective actions required during abnormal conditions during operations
• To ensure that production teams (staff and contractors) are trained and competent in required HSSE knowledge and operations skills
• Area Custodian / Area Supervisor for GMP
• Shift Team Lead / Site Incident Controller during after hours Emergency Response
• Grease Manufacturing Plant - 1 production line, 10,000 tons/annum
• Direct Filling line and Hopper Storage and Filling Line
• 20 Baseoil and Additive Storage tanks with Bulk unloading bay
• Utilities - Thermal Oil Furnace, Cooling Water System, Hot Water system
• Lead a shift team of 6
• Ensure safe manning levels for operations at all times
• Direct supervision of operators in grease manufacturing activities, ensuring full compliance to latest GQS, Work Instructions, HSSE procedures and other specific requirements.
• Perform supervisory and administrative duties for direct reports e.g. overtime and leave administration, maintaining punctuality and discipline
• Coaching and development of Operators within Shell framework of Performance Review process.
• Review performance of shift team with respect to plant KPI and address any shortfall in individual / team performance
• Execute production according to plan to meet Production Schedule Adherence targets with minimal disruptions and downtime.
• Operate PCS and other equipment from Control Room and ensure correct and timely response to any alarm or defect activated in the PCS
• Ensure compliance to grease Method of Manufacture and accurate recording of Batch Process Data
• Ensure documented shift handover between incoming and outgoing shifts
• Perform daily checks for manufacturing equipment and utilities and approve Notification for defects or abnormal conditions.
• Release Production Orders and perform all GSAP transactions accurately and in a timely manner
• Monitor availability of packaging materials and other consumables. Coordinate / initiate replenishment as required.
• Ensure accurate usage and accounting for raw materials and packaging
• Maintain housekeeping and cleanliness of the production area
• Coordinate with Maintenance team for servicing of GMP equipment with minimum downtime affecting production schedule.
• Participate / lead in HEMP reviews, Structured Safety Walks, Site ERP drills and other activities in HSSE Functional Plan
• Develop and write Work Instructions and SOPs
• Prepare documents for Management of Change
• Participate in HSSE Meetings
• Perform Area Supervisor and Permit Issuer duties in PTW system - LOTO, Gas Testing, Confined Space Safety Assessor
• Assume responsibility as Site Incident Controller during Emergency Response for any incidents outside office hours
• Stand-in during absences of Local Grease Technologist for the following:
• Review and sign-off batch Process Data compliance
• Liase with Laboratory on matters pertaining to QC and sampling
• Other duties and tasks as assigned by Production Manager, including role of GMP Day Supervisor
Key/ Special Challenges
• 24/7 continuous operation plant
• Complex and sensitive manufacturing process
• Automated manufacturing process operated by PCS
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
• Diploma in Chemical Process / Engineering or equivalent (Preferred)
• Team player and able to foster collaboration within and outside of direct reporting team
• Display personal and team leadership with good communication skills.
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Basic proficiency in MS Office
• Experience in operating and troubleshooting process plant equipment (Preferred)
• Experience in operating Plant Control System (Preferred)
• Supervisory experience (Preferred)
• Knowledge of Grease production processes (Preferred)
• Working experience with GSAP (Preferred)
• Familiarity with Permit to Work (PTW) system (Preferred)
• Familiarity with GMP processes and equipment (Preferred)
• Develop disciplined and motivated individuals building a high-performance team
• Lead and grow teams to a level of high functional competency
• Manage service contracts and outsourced teams where relevant
• Competent in stakeholder engagements within the organization contributing to an efficient, high quality and cost competitive supply chain
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.