NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide Client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our Client, a well-known Owner/Operator, is currently seeking a Project Controls Specialist
to be based in St. John's, NL
LOA not offered for this position
The Project Controls Specialist is responsible for oversight of specific planning, budgeting and cost. Specialist will ensure compliance to cost control methodology and liaise with local financial department to ensure transparency around budgets and cost through all phases of the project. Proactively communicate any concerns around cost, schedule or contractual issues to Project Manager and work closely with the Operational team incld Subsea to ensure that any changes to work scope are promptly highlighted within the schedule and budget. Also responsible for the preparation and stewardship of the annual and long-range budgets, asset plans and associated detailed planning.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing strategy and process for cost control and scheduling for the Asset Life Extension (ALE) program that aligns with corporate guidance.
- Directing and managing the functional duties of supporting cost control and planning personnel.
- Interfacing with Client financial group to coordinate inputs for finance and corporate requirements in terms of long-range planning, annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting and ad hoc analysis request.
- Monitoring and managing EPC contractor and other contractors as required. Active engagement with EPC contractor processes in the areas of schedule and costs.
- Regularly reviewing program and advising of potential or known schedule and planning challenges.
Must Have Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist Diploma
- Member in good standing or eligible for reg w/ PEGNL or AETTNL
- Minimum of 10 years' proven and progressive project controls experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management and contractor management experience.
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience with large projects construction planning and progress measurement.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Formal certification/training in Primavera.
- Formal certification/training in Quantity Surveyor.
- Formal training in cost control and cost planning.
- Proficient with Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups.
- Proven skills in effectively managing multiple tasks, often under pressure and within time constraints.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment that includes dealing with people from various disciplines. Also, work in partnership with others outside of the formal organization (e.g. service providers, vendors, contractors), to achieve goals, and identify and resolve problems.
- Problem-solving orientation to identify key issues and recommend appropriate solutions in a proactive manner.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to set and exceed established goals, schedules and deadlines.
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Member in good standing with Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Member in good standing with the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors.
- Demonstrated understanding of the regulatory and offshore related requirements.
- Knowledge in control administration and development economics.
- Knowledge of costing estimating and bill of quality principles.
- Knowledge of cost platforms (Ecosys, Prism or equivalent).
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.