Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: CAD31 per annum
Location: Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking an Engineering Analyst for a contract role in North York, ON. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
The goal of the Integrity department is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of all of the company's gas-carrying assets. The role resides in the Integrity Data Assessment team in Integrity which focuses on risk modelling and assessment, data governance, and software administration for all types of assets in Integrity.
• Conduct detailed checks of converted pipeline dataset to ensure they meet reporting standards and accurately reflect the pipeline specifications
• Review Engineering drawings, bill of materials, other company records to validate pipeline specifications
• Review and assess pipeline Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) records and digitize pertinent information using the PRIM software package.
• Create and manipulate GIS dataset using satellite imagery and basic tools in ESRI ArcMap software package
• Obtain a technical understanding of Integrity documents and processes to drive improvements to the data supporting Integrity and Risk assessments.
• Technology diploma or Engineering degree
• Ability to read and comprehend technical documents, engineering drawings, and as-built construction drawings
• Technically inclined with ability to understand and solve problems by formulating conclusions based on various data inputs
• A high level of attention to detail and capable of quickly and independently learning new processes
• Strong sense of organization and planning
• Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to self-learn new software platforms
• Previous experience in Records Management, Pipeline/Materials engineering, or Integrity
• Experience working with ESRI ArcMap or Google Earth
• Proficient in VB Script and SQL coding languages
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.