Job Description Where you fit in
Lubricants Supply Chain safely supplies Shell's lubricants and greases to customers and distributor partners all over the world by driving the most effective global supply chain, including sourcing, manufacturing and logistics whilst delivering sustainability objectives. Thereby LSC ensures a robust supply chain strategy that meets the overall business objectives today whilst continuously innovating and improving for the future.
Grasbrook Lubricants Centre (GLC) in Hamburg is one of the largest Lubricants blending plants within Shell globally and is the cornerstone of the European Lubricants Supply Chain. What's the role?
As member of the GLC site leadership team the Head of Maintenance, Engineering and Project Execution manages a multi-discipline team of 25 employees and up to 100 contractors. In this role you oversee the planning, coordinating and executing of maintenance activities to sustain, improve and restore the asset's technical integrity and reliability. Your main priority will be close collaboration with all functions to ensure delivery of maintenance and project management in accordance with the best practices and HSSE standards.
Your main interfaces and accountabilities involve:
Company Description Shell Germany
- Production Planning: Align with operations on production activities with shutdown requirements and develop a long-term asset plan.
- Management of Change and Deviation Management: Drive the Management of Change process and monitor deviations from planned maintenance activities for safety critical equipment.
- Defect Elimination: Follow Root Cause Analysis or Causal Learning Process for defect elimination and full support of Reliability improvement process.
- Compliance Audit and Assurance: Support maintenance and integrity compliance audits as well as benchmarking processes and coordinate assurance activities accordingly.
- Spare/Material Management: Enforce policies, strategies and processes on spare part management and delivery improvement.
- Contract and Procurement: Develop contracting strategies and work with C&P department on placement of effective contracts in maintenance.
- Training and development: Foster staff motivation and ensure training meets current and future business needs.
Today's biggest challenge is to reduce emissions in times of rising demand for energy in all aspects of everyday life. As one of the largest suppliers of energy products for private individuals as well as public sectors Shell is actively contributing to providing cleaner energy solutions to make the future.
In Germany we employ 3,500 colleagues who work together along the value chain from research and development to manufacturing and distribution of all our products incl. petrochemicals, fuels and lubricants, gas and power as well as an expanding new energies business. Join Shell today and create energy solutions for tomorrow!An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you
As this role requires strong project management skills, we are looking for an excellent communicator with leadership experience who is able to coordinate a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. On the engineering side the following items will be helpful:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in an engineering discipline
- Previous position held in maintenance execution, reliability/integrity assurance, project execution or production operation; preferably in the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of HSSE standards, Management of Change process, Technical Integrity management processes, budgeting and contract management
- Good understanding of various technical disciplines with proficiency in SAP maintenance management system (L-GAME)
- Fluency in German and English (B2 level)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.