Tananger, Rogaland, Norway
Tananger, Rogaland, Norway
Skills: Drilling Engineering, Wireline Logging
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tananger, Rogaland, Norway
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Supported by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company positions minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying innovations from other industries to progress its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we devote investment in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but essential to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
At Baker Hughes, the Remote Real Time Engineer SLS will be predominantly working onshore, collaborating with the drilling contractor/Operator and Remote onshore 24/7 and offshore teams. The Remote Real Time Engineer SLS will be working a rotation at our onshore operation center.
Responsibilities include monitoring and evaluation of drilling and well parameters in order to complete operations in a safe and efficient manner, and in addition operate our fleet of downhole measurement and logging tools while drilling.
- Perform Drilling and Engineering monitoring duties
- Perform Pressure Evaluation duties as per client well programs, if required
- Perform engineering programs as requested by client
- Input at the wellsite of geological and engineering data
- Ensure QA of data is of the required level
- Prepare, and QA, Surface Logging well Reports
- Report Field failures through the FRACAS reporting system
- Ensure effective communication with other members of the crew, client representatives and onshore coordinator
- Supervise less experienced logging geologists / Data Engineers as required
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies.
- Actively participate in Baker Hughes and client HS&E Policies at all times. Performing and participating in pre-job tool box talks with the rig site
- Bachelor's Degree in related subject (Geology or Earth Sciences)
- Flexible & adaptable approach
- Good communication skills
- Detailed & analytic approach
- Computer literacy
Some experience as Remote Real Time Engineer, Data Engineer, Mud Logger/Logging Geologist would be beneficial, but is not essential.
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and well-established business segment of Baker Hughes to work in BEACON our onshore operations center with our teams of subject matter experts.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more