Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring a Mechanical Design Engineer for our Sustaining Engineering Completions team based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
The Sustaining Engineering Completions team provides product design and technical support to support completions tools manufacturing globally. Candidate will be required to lead or assist with projects including: Manufacturing & Plant support, Field & Tech Support, New Product Development, and Factory acceptance testing for completions equipment.Essential Responsibilities:
- Support supply chain operations: non-conformances, engineering documentation clarification, engineering change requests, special order designs, manufacturing processes, etc.
- Support operations personnel with field incident investigations. Available to travel globally sporadically.
- Factory acceptance testing fixtures design and compose detailed test procedures.
- Draft technical manual documentation of existing tools as part of sustaining activities.
- Executes a variety of engineering responsibilities for new, modified, and existing Completions products
- Performs and review conceptual and detailed design activities, including 3D CAD design, layouts, calculations, manufacturing drawings, tolerances studies, and similar.
- Perform and review component and system analysis, identifying stress levels, design solutions, and technical risks.
- Conducts formal and informal product design reviews to iterate and improve product designs through continual collaboration.
- Time flexibility to support supply chain and operations activities, locally and remotely.
- Lead and assist in project planning, creating development time and cost estimates, including but not limited to product design, rationalization projects, manufacturing processes, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ Years' of relevant experience.
- Expertise with PLM software, Teamcenter preferred.
- Expertise with enterprise software, SAP preferred.
- 3D CAD software experience: Solidworks.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team, locally and remotely.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Legally authorize to work in Saudi Arabia.
- Experience with Completions tools and applications.
- DfM and CIM/CAM understanding
- Understanding of basic oilfield practices and applications.
- Experience with product design including stress calculations, tolerances studies.
- Familiarity with qualification testing and test fixture design.
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more