Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Malongo, Cabinda Province, Angola
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Field Service Technician will be responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of the customer's equipment and driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
Essential Responsibilities:- Working as part of a team offshore and or onshore to carry out hydrostatic pressure testing of associated wellhead equipment
- Installation of valve removal plugs (VRPs),
- Installation of BPVs, Installation of VRP and BPV lubricators
- Removal and installation of valves
- Be familiar with the use of hytorq equipment, test pumps fittings hoses, use of grease pumps.
- Install, repair, and maintain equipment at the well site
- Prepare detailed Job Safety Environmental Analysis (JSEA) requirements
- Promote and perform any field service oriented sales and maintain a confident customer relationship for the company
- Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental regulationsQualifications/Requirements:- 5 years offshore wellhead experience
- Have a sound understanding of health, safety and environmental regulations
- Have a strong mechanical background
- Be able to work supervised and unsupervised as part of a team and be able to take direction from line managers/ supervisors.
- Have offshore wellhead related experience,
- Be able to communicate in English, all procedures are in English.
- Be able to read engineering drawings.
- Be able to use elementary hand tools.
- Be resident in Cabinda Angola.
- Have Angola National ID Card.
Desired Characteristics:- Be able to use Microsoft Word / Excel
- Forklift Operator Trained and certified.
- Rigging and Lifting Certified.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more