Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Design Engineer is responsible for undertaking mechanical engineering activities related to O&G Drilling BOP products enhancements/new technology
Essential Responsibilities:- Executing Engineering design of new products/product enhancements of assigned components, assemblies or systems in O&G Drilling BOP products to meet industry standards (API/ASME/NACE) and program / product requirements
- Conceive ideas to solve mechanical problems or improve performance and/or product cost, assess design concepts with hand calculations and FEA methods, present his/her ideas at design reviews
- Assuring proper documentation of technical data (BOM, Drawings, Procedures, Review) generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Executing Engineering Activities per agreed schedule and timelines
- Work seamlessly with other senior engineers, functional teams and vendors on work scope assigned
- Exceeding expectations on Engineering Quality
- Complying with regulatory requirements
- Ensuring health safety and environmental risk control are paramountQualifications/Requirements:- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Master's Degree in Machine Design from reputed college/university 3-5 Years of Overall Design Engineering expertise
- Working in O&G/Power/Infrastructure/Automotive businesses of similar scale and complexity
- Familiarity with industry standards and design codes
- Knowledge of Engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance ANSI Y14.5M (GD&T)
- Understands general material types, coating types, manufacturing techniques, and NDE
Desired Characteristics:- Experience working with Creo/Teamcenter environment
- Strong CAD modeling skills
- Create, Review and Release of Detailed Engineering Drawings including Raw, Semi and Machining/Fabrication
- Knowledge on Finite Element Analysis, preferably ANSYS
- Knowledge on Six Sigma methodology
- Knowledge on API 6A, API 16A and ASME BPVC VIII
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a flexible team
- Confidence to present to leaders and peers
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Passion for continuous learning and improvement of product, process and technology
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more