Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer - Maintenance to join their team on a contract basis
The role will include providing technical input into ensuring reliability of equipment, within area of responsibility (mechanical handling/lifting equipment), is maintained including input into RAM, Criticality and FMECA studies, within a team environment.
- Interrogation of existing client maintenance strategies and procedures, Written Schemes of Examination and Job Routines, and extraction of relevant data for incorporation into new Master maintenance strategies.
- Assist in establishing and updating maintenance strategies including recognition of aging and obsolete equipment.
- Review and approve amendments to equipment relevant to your discipline, operational procedures, including, isolation standards, system and equipment testing, run to failure (RTF) etc.
- Ensure that the condition and operation of equipment is in line with overall procedures, regulations, any unit-specific procedures and client Performance Standards.
- Develop common equipment maintenance and inspection strategies and practices (relevant to your discipline), to ensure sharing of best practice across all projects.
- Provide input to discipline relevant equipment studies such as HAZID / HAZOP, RBI and design reviews, to ensure legislative compliance and safety of personnel and equipment.
- Participate in the preparation and evaluation of technical bids and tenders.
- Attend reliability workshops and provide input as mechanical discipline authority.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in oil & gas industry as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Appropriate degree or equivalent technical qualification in related subject e.g. Mechanical Engineering
- Fully familiar with FMEA (failure mode effects analysis), RCA (root cause analysis), RCM (reliability centred maintenance) and RBI (risk based inspection) practices.
- Understanding and knowledge of oil and gas international / national codes, standards of practise and legislation including knowledge of international standards such as RBI and ASME / API.
- Ability to converse comfortably at a technical level with peer engineers.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer literacy in Microsoft packages and familiarity with the software based maintenance systems, i.e. SAP, MAXIMO.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of equipment reliability engineering, commissioning and pre-commissioning.
- Experience of using project management tools to ensure jobs are delivered to client standards.
- Previous experience of training graduate engineers.