Skills: Process Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of ERP - Process Control Engineer located in Pasadena, Texas through 9/10/19 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Tuning of control loops, support of Emerson distributed control systems (DCS), and assistance in training console operators.
- Provide daily process control support for console operators.
- Identify and resolve control performance issues by coordinating with colleagues in other areas of specialization (instrumentation, analyzers, process, mechanical equipment, etc.)
- Identify and capture opportunities for improving the safety, reliability, operability and profitability of the operating area through process control improvements.
- Train refinery personnel on the effective use of process control applications and systems.
- Act as a mentor/resource for refinery process and control engineers. Influences and improves work processes for a global refining technical system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of operating area interactions with the rest of the refinery and helps troubleshoot process problems in the operating area and refinery.
- Maintain and grow process control skills by attending onsite and offsite training.
- 5+ years of knowledge of process control fundamentals, including design, configuration, support and programming of Emerson distributed control systems (DCS).
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, or other related discipline.
- Strong technical/analytical skills, with proven record of innovative problem solving and proactive system improvement.
- Ability to work with others and build relationships across organizations.
- Ability to create and promotes an environment of trust, teamwork and inclusiveness through actions and behaviors.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills. Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of assignments for individual team members and groups, and to set and manage priorities.
- Ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of advanced process control techniques and tools, as well a strong understanding of refinery processes.
- Candidates should understand and reinforce the importance of the fundamentals (e.g., safety, procedures, routine duties, environmental compliance, incident investigations, etc.).
- Experience working with refinery process control systems may be considered in lieu of formal education and training.
- Strong, fundamental understanding of refinery or hydrocarbon processing and equipment is highly desirable.
- Experience working with facility operations personnel, particularly console operators, is highly desirable.
- Rotational On-Call support required
- Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.