Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron's data science engineering center of excellence is accepting online applications for the position of Machine Learning Engineer located in San Ramon, CA/Houston, TX through October 18, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Consistently deliver complex, innovative, and complete solutions, driving them through design, planning, development, deployment and support that simplify business processes and workflows to drive business value
- Work collaboratively with a large variety of different teams, including data scientists, data engineers, and solution architects from various organizations within business units and IT
- Transform machine learning and optimization prototypes into appropriate solutions in a production environment
- Run machine learning experiments and fine-tune algorithms to ensure optimal performance
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Extend existing machine learning libraries and frameworks
- Participate as an active member in embedded Agile team to enable cross training and keeping skills current
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related fields or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming,
- Ability to write robust code in Python, Java, and R.
- Proficient in applying common design patterns, ability to communicate design ideas effectively
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications
- Working knowledge of math, probability, statistics, and algorithms
- Working knowledge of machine learning frameworks (i.e. Keras and PyTorch) and machine learning libraries (i.e. scikit-learn)
- MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related fields
- Hands-on experience with Azure Cloud, Azure DevOps, Service Now, Ansible, Jenkins
- Hands-on experience in deploying machine learning solutions
- Exceptional object-oriented programming and debugging skills in Python, Java, R, and Microsoft .NET
- A keen eye for good architecture and the ability to develop new architectures and frameworks
- Passionate and detailed approach to software development
- Knowledge of security/access control, scalability, high availability, concurrency, online diagnoses, deployment, upgrade/migration, internationalization, production support and other SaaS enterprise software issues
- Proficient in major development tools and processes, such as source control, requirement spec, design and design review, unit test, system test, performance test, etc
- Proven ability to take leadership role in projects that span multiple teams, ability to deliver on time working in a fast paced agile environment, ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements, strong verbal and written communication
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.