Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Digital Technology Analyst located in Houston, TX through August 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Chevron's enterprise Operational Excellence and Health Environment & Safety (OE/HES) function serves as a single, integrated organization providing strategic direction and risk-based support to business segments. The organization's strategic imperatives include partnering with the business to facilitate continuous improvement of high-risk processes and deployment of new or updated processes or tools.
The HES IT group delivers and supports HES technology applications enabling key processes for the enterprise OE/HES Function. These applications include both vendor solutions and custom built applications supporting key business capabilities for Health & Workforce Safety, Environmental and Process Safety.
Beginning in 2018 HES kicked off the HES Digital Transformation program. The program focuses on the agile development and delivery of new and innovative technologies in support of HES goals to:
- Provide workers access to the right information at the right time to make informed decisions, commit informed actions and reduce human error.
- Enable timely and accurate data capture in the field for key OE/HES safeguard verification processes
Digital initiatives include:
- Mobile/Web app development
- Remote Sensing
- Proximity Alerts/Wearables
- Virtual/Augmented Reality technologies
- Advanced analytics and modeling
- API development
- Cloud architectur
The HES IT group is currently seeking an experienced Digital Technology Analyst. This is an excellent role for an experienced Business Analyst looking for an opportunity to learn emerging technologies and support the end to end Agile delivery of transformational solutions. This individual will be a member of a dynamic team supporting the design and development of innovative digital solutions for the global HES function. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment and bring a strong background of stakeholder engagement and documentation skills, supporting multiple agile development teams. The Analyst will be expected to ensure business and technical needs are clearly documented with acceptance criteria and encourage stakeholders to embrace an agile mindset. The analyst will be part of the product management teams and will partner with Product Owners to ensure quality execution and delivery of solutions.
This position requires practical, hands on experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (plan, design, develop, test, release, maintain and support, decommission) along with strong analytical and communication skills
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and grow technical competencies in new technologies, software engineering tools and practices
- Engage business & technical experts at all organizational levels to quickly understand and assess opportunities in which new and emerging technologies can be applied
- Support the functional evaluation/selection of vendor solutions and design of custom mobile/web applications with multiple integrations and software platforms
- Work with IT Project Managers, HES IT Operations, Product Owner(s) and Business Stakeholders to identify opportunities to develop and/or enhance custom solutions that align with both business capability and digital roadmaps.
- Support all phases of SDLC for small to medium sized IT projects using Agile methodology, ensuring designed solutions align with defined integration/development, security and data privacy standards
- Establish standards for agile artifacts such as Personas, User Stories and/or Story Maps
- Collaboration with Product Owner(s) to lead the documentation of effective user stories and acceptance criteria that will be used by development teams to develop custom solutions
- Organize and lead story grooming and refinement sessions with the product owner and the tech teams that are impacted
- Work with the Scrum Master on Sprint Planning sessions with the Product Owner, estimate stories, ensure the quality of stories being considered for the next Sprint and finalize Sprint scope.
- Collaborates with the agile team including Scrum Master or Team Lead and product owner to prioritize and estimate stories and to finalize sprint scope
- Lead QA/Test efforts for the agile team with internal test execution, inclusive of documenting results, managing and tracking defects, and trouble-shooting issues that arise out of testing
- Collaborates with the Team (Architects, Developers, etc.) to ensure that the team defines, builds and produces features and solutions that meet or exceed what the Product Owner is expecting . Exhibits the technical acumen necessary to be a contributing member of solution design discussions.
- Ensures that the latest project progress is captured in project tracking tool (Azure DevOps) by participating and as needed leading daily stand-ups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments for assigned user stories and dev tasks
- May be called upon to lead smaller initiatives and projects in Team Lead/Scrum Master role
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate technical exp
- 5+ years of IT experience in a role requiring strong analytical and technical acumen
- Agile/SCRUM experience specifically in Story/Acceptance criteria development
- Ability to effectively work with multiple local and remote teams and influence/drive to deliver results
- Self-motivated and results oriented with ability to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Understand the business needs and make critical design decisions and direct the same with other team members
- Ability to create detailed documentation that clearly defines both business and IT needs
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent documentation skills including familiarity with requirements techniques such as user stories, use cases, data flows, wireframes and informal modeling.
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Experience with cloud based infrastructures (e.g. MS Azure) and mobile application development
- Experience with implementation of standard APIs (e.g. SOAP, REST)
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply to business cases
- Solid technical background and fundamental knowledge of in application development, integrations and cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies working as part of an Agile team
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and proactively seek information and/or contacts to efficiently resolve issues
- Ability to work through ambiguity before the problem is fully understood and be agile to shift objectives as new information and/or priorities surface.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage stakeholders and Product Owners in the development of core requirements and use cases
- Strong analytical and writing skills including solid experience in writing functional specifications and user stories.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical considerations to business stakeholders and functional leadership
- Excellent facilitation skills. Ability to facilitate meetings with clear & specific agenda
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.