Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of ERP Control Systems Analyst located in Pasadena, Texas through September 10, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- 5+ years of in-depth knowledge of process control fundamentals, including design, configuration, support and programming of Emerson Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- In depth knowledge of process control computer and network software and hardware, and how they integrate with DCS environment.
- Strong working knowledge of common network architectures used in PCN environments (i.e. the Purdue Model).
- Strong working knowledge of SIS system standards and testing protocol
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to create and promote an environment of trust and teamwork through actions and own behaviors.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, teamwork, decision making, influencing, negotiating and communication skills.
- Proven to effectively interface with project teams and refinery Operations/Maintenance to ensure a quality product is delivered that cost-effectively meets or exceeds our safety expectations.
- B.S. Computer Science, Engineering (Computer, EE, ChemE) or Information Technology related discipline is preferred.
- Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education and training.
- Strong, fundamental understanding of refinery or hydrocarbon processing and equipment is highly desirable.
- Experience working with facility operations personnel, particularly console operators, is highly desirable.
- Rotational On-Call support required.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.