Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: El Segundo, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Administrative Assistant located in El Segundo, CA California / United States through August 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide general administrative support to Refinery Operating Divisions which could include, scheduling appointments, event/meeting planning coordination, invoice tracking and processing, computer and phone user management, mail distribution, file maintenance, ordering of office supplies and, catering while adhering to guidelines and working within a budget, etc.
- Work requires frequent visits to locations adjacent to active working plants within the refinery and driving a company vehicle will be necessary to complete some tasks.
- Manages and maintains an organized filing system for compliance-related documents that are subject to periodic audits.
- Coordinate recurring meetings. This includes scheduling, preparing agendas and meeting documents, tracking action items, and communicating with meeting attendees.
- Manage conference rooms. This includes approving reservations, resolving scheduling conflicts, maintaining A/V equipment and general room appearance.
- Collect, analyze data and generate reports from various sources for departmental meetings;
- Maintain records of office business expenses, track expenditures through the year using CTREX, and organization charts and address distribution lists.
- Communicate effectively through telephone, fax or written communication lines. Interacts with other departments on behalf of division to resolve maintenance issues and provides support to visitors.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and displays a high level of professionalism in interactions with others.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid California driver license
- Minimum of 5 years relevant administrative experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite. (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Previous administrative support in a refinery environment.
- Some college or other training/certifications.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of a diverse workforce.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both internally and externally in a clear, concise and effective manner.
- Ability to plan, balance and multi-task job responsibilities based on business need; approach work proactively to maintain a high level of accomplishment; ability to meet deadlines while producing high quality work; ability to anticipate needs and follow through to completion.
- Ability to develop, leverage and influence relationships within the organization and across various functions.
- Anticipates issues or problems and is resourceful in resolving them.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.