Responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement, strategy development for sustainable growth, and measurement of operational and financial performance with respect to Logistics activities.Relationships:
Reports to Region Logistics Lead and maintains a close working relationship with the following;
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- CLL / Logistics Control Tower
- Product Line
- Develops, implements and tracks Metrics and KPI's related to global logistics in line with company and local management goals
- Performs Financial reporting and analysis on a regular basis (monthly, quarterly, yearly)
- Participates in freight contract negotiation and rate review under guidance of Region Logistics Lead.
- Performs the initial analysis of process improvement ideas and proposals
- Develops unified operations guidelines for Logistics across APAC and Product Line covered by his/her Region.
- Initiates, develops, and shares best practices, policies, and procedures across the Logistics organization
- Responsible and accountable for providing carrier and supplier feedback concerning service, accuracy, safety, and capacity commitments.
- Initiates Quarterly Business Review with Top 5 carriers and bottom 5 carriers.
- Report and investigate any process deviation to ensure continuous improvement on service quality.
- Participates in Service Quality meetings with both material and logistics suppliers providing feedback on past performance and upcoming changes or projections to current business.
- Ensure compliance with supplier's contracts.
- Analyze red money reports and propose corrective actions.
- FPR monthly analysis. Working closely with PL FP&A team, Control Tower and PL.
- Initiate Monthly review with PL together with RLL. Review spend, KPI's and SQ issues. Where possible initiate projects to reduce cost and improve service delivery.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in Engineering or Management or Supply Chain or Logistics, Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a compliant supply chain environment
- Strong project management experience with a demonstrated ability to lead implementation of complex project as well as manage teams effectively
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels functions: able to deliver messages effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to lead, energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within the organization
- Strong PC skills with working knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint).
- Extensive knowledge of SAP as an add advantage
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more