Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton Pump Engineer
The Pump Engineer provides engineering guidance and uses advanced engineering techniques to meet complex design criteria for high-pressure plunger pumps. Develops custom equations and solutions using various engineering tools. Provides recommendations for tests results and assists with complex tests. Reviews and assesses appropriate standards, regulations, and specifications for testing and reliability analysis on projects and processes. Delivers innovative Intellectual Property recommendations for Halliburton and reviews technical papers. Provides technical expertise to meet internal and external customer needs and requirements. Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains open lines of communication with all levels of the organization. Represents Halliburton in professional societies in area of specialization. Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline and seven years of related experience. Completion of a masters or doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
- Contributes innovative design content in development of new high pressure system technology
- Works individually and as part of a team supporting existing products, testing and evaluating equipment, performing mechanical failure analysis, and providing technical assistance as needed within the Operations, Engineering and Manufacturing environments.
- Interprets design specifications and supports concept, design, documentation, fatigue analysis, fabrication and testing of pumps.
- Assist in analytical evaluation of high-pressure plunger pump designs for structural, fluid flow, vibration, corrosion and erosion with creation of component and next higher assembly designs and ensures compliance to manufacturability, material, and job specification requirements.
Additional Duties as needed:
- Delivers innovative ideas by examining alternate techniques/approaches and providing IP recommendations for Halliburton when needed.
- Reviews and assesses appropriate standards, regulations, and specifications for testing and reliability analysis activities and assesses their application to projects, processes and testing.
- Collaborates with other engineering disciplines about standards and techniques for calculations.
- Develops custom equations to fit specific problems by using spreadsheets and other mathematical tools to simplify complex problems and troubleshoot erroneous results.
- Guides others and uses advanced engineering techniques to meet complex design criteria, develops test specifications and evaluates application of HSE techniques during the design process.
- Provides recommendations for tests results and assist with complex tests.
- Updates processes, procedures, and calculation tools for general use.
- Acts as a program lead by establishing project development plans and approving design documents following Health Safety Environment processes.
- Ensures all components are Designed for Manufacturability (DFM) utilizing a system approach that simultaneously considers all of the design goals and constraints for products that will be manufactured.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline required to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Completion of a graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline - Preferred
- Completion of a doctorate in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline - Preferred
- Minimum of 7-8 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline which includes experience in Fluid End or Power End pump design. Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher - level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience and skills, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Principal Engineer, Advising Engineer up to a Sr. Advising Engineer.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
2600 South 2nd St , Duncan , Oklahoma , 73533 , United States
Requisition Number: 76814
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.