Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The Senior Domestic Tax Analyst is an important member of the Nabors Tax Department - focused on helping Nabors grow and become more profitable. The position is a visible one, responsible for; ensuring income tax reporting is complete, accurate and timely filed; preparing the domestic and consolidated portions of the ASC 740 accrual; assisting with tax research and planning; assisting with domestic tax audits; and further automating the domestic tax processes.
Approximate percentage breakdown for a 12 month period:
40% Tax Compliance
40% Tax Accounting
10% Tax Research & Planning
5% Tax Controversy
5% Tax Administration
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Tax Reporting
Prepare Nabors consolidated federal income tax return.
Ensure extensions and estimated tax payments are timely and properly made.
Prepare state income and franchise tax returns.
Help maintain an accurate tax filing calendar.
Suggest and help implement ways to further automate the reporting process.
Coordinate closely with the International Tax group to ensure proper tax reporting of transactions.
- Assist with quarterly and year end tax accrual process.
- Prepare information required for ASC 740 tax reporting to include interim tax allocation, reviewing 10-Q and 10-Kand administering tax provision software
- Monitor domestic tax accounts.
- Assist in reducing the world wide effective tax rate.
- Help with tax issues in budgets, forecasts and estimates.
Tax Research & Planning
- Work closely with Domestic Tax Manager to develop and implement tax-planning strategies.
- Research and document positions on a wide variety of domestic tax issues.
- Suggest tax planning ideas to reduce cash taxes and effective tax rate.
- Ensure all tax planning is properly implemented and reported.
- Gather data and research issues for domestic income tax audits.
- Work closely with tax auditors to minimize adverse adjustments and defend Company positions.
- Respond to tax notices.
- Develop annual goals and review progress regularly with the Domestic Tax Manager.
- Suggest ways to improve the Tax Department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 6+ years in a corporate or "Big 4" tax department working with U.S. federal, and state tax compliance, research, and planning issues.
Computer literate with knowledge of PC software (Excel, Word) and tax preparation software.
- CPA, preferred
- Masters degree in Tax is preferred
OneSource Tax Provision administration experience is preferred
OneSource Income Tax administration is preferred
- Self-starter, highly motivated.
- Enjoys working with people to achieve outstanding results.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Detail oriented and able to meet deadlines.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs