Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a CNC Lathe Machinist working on a Cybertech 4500M for Long Parts for 2ND Shift to support Completions and Wellbore Intervention at our Emmott Road facility in Houston, TX. This machinist will setup and operate a 4-Jaw, 2 axis Cybertech 4500M with Mazatrol control, performing lathe to produce long part components for oilfield equipment. This machinist will read/interpret drawing and operating instructions, inspects parts to ensure accuracy, and performs job in a manner that Safety is a top priority.Essential Responsibilities:
- Sets-up and operates CNC machines and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and Non-metallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
- Reads and interprets safety rules, drawings, procedure manuals and operating instructions.
- Sample parts to determine dimension and tolerances of finish work pieces.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance
- Machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Must be able to select, align, and use cutting tools, attachments, large boring bars and materials on machines.
- Must demonstrate an intermediate skill level of indicating part, turning OD, boring ID, grooving and threading.
- High school Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of CNC lathe experience machining long parts with a minimum of 100-200 inches long.
- Must have current experience with Mazak with Mazatrol control.
- Must be able to make your own programs on the Mazatrol control.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and
- Maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Must be able to work 2nd Shift - Monday through Friday from 2PM - 10pm
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Current experience with 2 axis Mazak Cybertech 4500M with Mazatrol control.
- Long parts machining experience.
- 4-jaw chucking experience.
- Experience in machining oilfield equipment.
- Programming experience
Houston, TX 77040
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more